Trying to install Resolve 12.5.5 to a drive other than "C:"

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Steve Schonberger

Trying to install Resolve 12.5.5 to a drive other than "C:"

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 7:34 pm

I just downloaded DaVinci_Resolve_12.5.5_Windows.zip to my main Windows 10 machine, and I want to install it to my "D:" disc drive, rather than my fairly small "C:" SSD, but the installer seems intent on installing Postgres to "C:" anyway, and I don't see an installation options dialog box in the installer to send it to "D:" instead. I didn't proceed far enough to find out whether other components of Resolve had an installation options dialog box because I interrupted during the Postgres phase of installation.

Is there a way to force installation to "D:", or alternatively can I let it install to "C:" and move it to "D:" without breaking things?

More system configuration details:
Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.693
Intel Core i5-3450 at 3.10 GHz, 16 GB RAM

P.S. My system may be (very) underpowered for serious editing, but my source video is only 1080p 29.97 and I'm mainly trying to learn the product with some lightweight editing. I can upgrade hardware if I get frustrated with performance.

Steve Schonberger

Re: Trying to install Resolve 12.5.5 to a drive other than "

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 am

I can answer my own question. It seems that I don't need to install Postgres at all, so there's no need to worry about where it installs. The installer for the rest of the program does allow for installing on one's choice of drive, so it installed to "D:" with no problem.

Return to DaVinci Resolve