Performance of Izotope RX Plugin Pack in 12.5.5?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Paines

Performance of Izotope RX Plugin Pack in 12.5.5?

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 2:20 pm

The four repair plugins -- clip, click, noise, hum -- all work in 12.5.5, although crashes are not unheard of, as in trying to use "paste attributes" to copy filters....

Anyway, to specifics: click repair works at single-band but audio goes silent at the multi-band setting. There also seems to a processing limit, for real-time performance -- multiple versions of the same plugin can lead to audio silence, as the track plays (I didn't test renders).

And there are occasional performance anomalies when click repair is added to individual clips (entire words get muted!), as opposed to entire tracks, where this muting doesn't occur.

Anyone with [more] experience of these plugins care to comment?

John Paines

Re: Performance of Izotope RX Plugin Pack in 12.5.5?

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 3:08 pm

deleted, per Simon Brown's correction below.
Last edited by John Paines on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon Brown

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 5:05 pm

John Paines wrote:There doesn't seem to be much interest in the matter, but I'd better add that the upper portion of the graphical interface is lost in Resolve, as has been the case with other plugins.

Functions not visible in the Resolve interface include track and plugin identifier, preset menu, COMPARE, SAFE, BYPASS, Native. BYPASS is accessible through the inspector, but the other functions aren't. The Resolve manual presents the Dialogue Denoiser GUI as an example of a VST plugin, with this same apparent error present.

So it's usable, but not exactly complete. The first version is how it looks, more or less, in Resolve. The 2nd is as illustrated by Izotope.

The upper part of your second image is Pro Tools' plugin surround, not part of the UI of the plugin itself.

Richard Dean

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 3:24 am

I also own this plug in and have issues like dropouts etc on render. What I have resorted to
Is outputting the tracks that needed repair with the FX and bringing them back in so I know
There will be no issues upon final output..

I'd like to see this work better. I've gotten rid of reverb ambience
From boom mics and de clipped over modulated tracks with great success.

John Paines

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Richard Dean wrote:I also own this plug in and have issues like dropouts etc on render

And here I hoped the dropouts were restricted to real time.... Oh, well. Some form of audio caching/render in Resolve might help here, at least to assess the situation.

Richard Dean wrote:I've gotten rid of reverb ambience

How? There's apparently a reverb plugin in the the standalone package, but not in this set. Or is it some other technique?

Return to DaVinci Resolve