Micro Panel Transport Controls Intermittent

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

EwanAllan

Micro Panel Transport Controls Intermittent

PostSat Apr 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi.

I've just started today with a new micro panel. Whilst its making grading so much easier than just using the mouse, I've noticed quite a few problems.

Transport controls don't work when switching to/from Full viewer and either the mouse or keyboard is needed to kind of reset it. Some things are clearly selected yet controls work the wrong things.

Does anyone know how the hard buttons work? If they are just sending out keyboard shortcuts to resolve and if remapping is involved/ can help?

I'll keep a better note of problems as they happen from now on. Just wondered if anyone had similar problems?

Thanks

Ewan

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Micro Panel Transport Controls Intermittent

PostSat Apr 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi, I havnet heard of those issues.
Are you on W10? and using a USB2 or USB3 port?
Are you plugged directly into the computer and not a hub?
What computer hardware do you have?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Aaron Hinton

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 1:35 am

I would also like to know if the buttons are remappable. I find it odd that there isn't an "add serial node" button on the Micro panel...

thomas bruegger

PostSun Jun 18, 2017 8:13 am

Yeah this keeps me away from buying one. It would also be great to have one of the wheels act as a transport control in edit mode and of course learn the keys some common edit commands in the edit page.
Thomas Bruegger / garage5 GmbH
www.garage5.ch

Marc Wielage

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 12:41 am

Aaron Hinton wrote:I would also like to know if the buttons are remappable. I find it odd that there isn't an "add serial node" button on the Micro panel...

No, but it does exist on the Mini panel. There's only so much room to offer so many features. There's 30 more buttons, 8 soft keys, and 8 rotary knobs added on the Mini compared to the micro. That's what you're paying for (in addition to the LCD screens).

The workaround would be to learn the keyboard shortcuts on a normal QWERTY keyboard and just use those. It's a lot less money to buy a $20 computer keyboard than to pay $2000 more for the Mini panel.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve