Horizontal grey line in render

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

carlomacchiavello

Horizontal grey line in render

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 pm

OSX 10.12.3 32gb of ram, gtx 980ti 6gb like render gpu, gtx 780 like UI gpu.
resolve 12.5.5 just downloaded.

after rendering (not during preview) i found some random gray horizontal line on render.
i put in project prores 4k from bmpc4k, i add 2-3 correction node with simple color correction, and sometimes a noise reduction with internal Resolve denoise, or Neatvideo OFX.
i output a full data or video level data in mxf dnxhr 4:4:4

i just finished another project from raw 4k bmpc4k, and no problem in output (prores 4:4:4).

i need to export shooting for a documentary where i have since 20h of render for each of 3 days, and i want to avoid another waste of time.
i found some old threads about similar problems, like to not use video data but only full data, update card driver, i changed three gpu, gpu family from kepler to pascal, but nothing.
this happened from first clip to last clip in a random way, also at rebooted computer and cold cpu/gpu situation.

any suggestion?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Horizontal grey line in render

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Can you post a screen shot of the artifact?

I don't know how you would have tried Pascal cards, since there is still no Mac Pascal driver, that I can see.

But for the 980Ti card, you would want to be using the NVIDIA 367.15.10.35f01 web driver and probably the 8.0.71 CUDA driver.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

alexoreman

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 11:58 pm

The Pascal OSX driver has been released as of last week as a "beta" driver under 10.12.4: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/W ... .05f01.pkg

I have done limited testing and it appears to work just like the previous web drivers so far ymmv.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 19, 2017 1:29 am

Thanks Alex!
Dwaine Maggart

carlomacchiavello

PostWed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Can you post a screen shot of the artifact?

I don't know how you would have tried Pascal cards, since there is still no Mac Pascal driver, that I can see.

But for the 980Ti card, you would want to be using the NVIDIA 367.15.10.35f01 web driver and probably the 8.0.71 CUDA driver.

Hi Dwaine
last update on website nvidia about Cuda is 8.0.61, by cuda panel i can update to 8.0.63 no more, 8.0.71 is a beta or developer version?
i just have driver version told from you.
anyway Same problem with gtx 780 Kepler family (i have two of them from different brand).
i use also many other GPU based software and no problem, i use a 3d render (octane render) and no problem. i could check if openCL solve my problem, but it's sloooooooooooower than cuda and i want to avoid it, i bought cuda card exactly to avoid to use openCL

Inviato dal mio E6653 utilizzando Tapatalk

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 7:02 pm

For whatever reason, the CUDA panel in Prefs does not show the latest versions. Download the version I suggested from the NVIDIA driver download site and manually install it.
Dwaine Maggart

carlomacchiavello

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:For whatever reason, the CUDA panel in Prefs does not show the latest versions. Download the version I suggested from the NVIDIA driver download site and manually install it.

i'm sure to have last, i format and install all fresh 2 weeks ago, cleanest system that i ever used.
tomorrow i will reiceve a new ssd, i will try to install a window10 Os to check if is a Osx related problem, like i read in other thread.

Return to DaVinci Resolve