DAVINCI 15 | Big feature request list.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Chris North

Re: DAVINCI 15 | Big feature request list.

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 am

Hello there,

If I add a Data Burn (under workspace) and select "source timecode" or "source filename", they don't update anymore when the playhead moves to the next clip. Although they will update on scrub or export, having a correct update during playback from the timeline would be very useful to me.

chris

Chris North

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 9:53 am

Hey Blackmagic,

A few nice things to have IMHO:

- Useage. In AVID, you can highlight a sequence, select media relatives, and see all the used footage within that sequence. Currently, DaVinci is like Premiere in having a fairly useless USEAGE field with an abstract number in it.
- Selections. The ability to invert a selection within a bin. Ties in with the above too.
- Premiere recently added the ability to extend existing subclip handles. Perhaps DaVinci could incorporate this OR even better improve the integration of Duration Markers which could accomplish the same thing more elegantly.
- Related to this, the ability to see marked clips in thumbnail view.
- Clip Color should be reflected in the BIN as well as the timeline.
- The ability to Zoom in on the source monitors scrub bar for when dealing with long clips.
- Better integration of EXTERNAL MATTE in the color page so that overlays/mattes/lens effects/flares etc can be used. Currently it requires "Add as matte for the color page" in the media pool and the fiddly use of an alpha matte.

chris

waltervolpatto

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 pm

When a piece come as long format and you use an edl to cut it, you cannot anymore do temporal noise reduction because it grabs the frame before and after the cut that is s completely different scene.

A button in the temporal NR that allow to extend the calculation on tails (like now) or stop within the boundaries of the cuts.
Walter Volpatto - C.S.I.
Digital Intermediate Colorist
Fotokem, Burbank. USA
www.fotokem.com
www.coloristsociety.com

Inb4YouCanJustColorComments: yes you can, good luck with that.

Marc Salvatore

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 1:21 am

Coming from Sony Vegas I've never understood why none of the other editing programs include the mouse wheel zoom fluidity that Vegas does. It always feels so clunky to me trying to move around the timeline in Premiere, Resolve etc.

IN VEGAS:

Roll the mouse wheel forward to zoom in / backward to zoom out (Response is much more fluid then Resolve when using alt/wheel)

Hold the shift key and roll mouse wheel to navigate the timeline left or right (This is very useful for timeline navigation)

Hold the ctrl key and roll mouse wheel to navigate up and down when multiple clips are stacked.
Last edited by Marc Salvatore on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Cherniack

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Marc Salvatore wrote:Coming from Sony Vegas I've never understood why none of the other editing programs include the mouse wheel zoom fluidity that Vegas does. It always feels so clunky to me trying to move around the timeline in Premiere, Resolve etc.

IN VEGAS:

Roll the mouse wheel forward to zoom in / backward to zoom out (Works much more fluid then Resolve alt/wheel)

Hold the shift key and roll mouse wheel to navigate the timeline left or right (very useful)

Hold the ctrl key and roll mouse wheel to navigate up and down when multiple clips are stacked.

I second this. The default Resolve behavior with the mouse scroll wheel (scrolling the tracks up and down) is not the most common use in editing which is zooming in and out of the timeline for which pressing alt/option is required. There's an argument that long time users are already habituated to the default and asking them to change would cause an uproar. Fine. Then give us an option to set the default behavior in User/Preferences. The everyone would be happy. I also love the Premiere Pro use of the scroll wheel in the track header to set the track height.

Jean Claude

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 6:46 pm

I really wish: new option (dream?)
delivery tab => audio only WAV (No (without) video)
When we ask for One track per channel: whatever the number of audio channels (a 5.1 + a 7.1 + x monos), whatever the number of bus format: MAIN or SUB => we get an audio file (* .WAV) by source channel. (a little when you ask for individual clip + audio only but better) :?
Merci.
Windows 10 PRO X64 | DaVinci Resolve Studio 14.1.1.005 | Fusion Studio 9.0.1

Seth Goldin

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 10:42 pm

It would be nice to have the GUI controls switch labels when a node is selected that is in a color space different than YRGB. The interface currently stays as YRGB, but if, for instance, a LAB node is selected, it’d be great to have R switch to L, G switch to A. B would be the same I suppose. Perhaps since the Y control doesn’t do anything in LAB, it could be grayed out. Ditto for YUV and HSL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waltervolpatto

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 4:07 am

In delivery page, the ability to recall either:
A luut
a dctl
Or a color space transformation
Walter Volpatto - C.S.I.
Digital Intermediate Colorist
Fotokem, Burbank. USA
www.fotokem.com
www.coloristsociety.com

Inb4YouCanJustColorComments: yes you can, good luck with that.
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve