DAVINCI 15 | Big feature request list.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dan Sherman

Re: DAVINCI 15 | Big feature request list.

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 5:40 pm

anti-aliasing of titles

Hector Berrebi

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 7:59 am

Ben Johnston wrote:Having reluctantly spent the day in FCPX, purely to access a particular set of simple animated text effects, I'd love to see a lean, tasteful, contemporary selection of animated elements for text and transitions. OFX options seems to be pretty slim on the ground.

I agree text tool could be better,
But check out NewBlue for a nice OFX option.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Alex Uzan

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Hector Berrebi wrote:
Ben Johnston wrote:Having reluctantly spent the day in FCPX, purely to access a particular set of simple animated text effects, I'd love to see a lean, tasteful, contemporary selection of animated elements for text and transitions. OFX options seems to be pretty slim on the ground.

I agree text tool could be better,
But check out NewBlue for a nice OFX option.

An option yes, but not a nice one.

Nb titler is slow, not well optimized, and crashs a lot with Resolve.
I spent too much time on it for always bad results, if I compare with what I can do in After Effects.

Lee Niederkofler

PostSun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 am

waltervolpatto wrote:5) When we drag'n drop a file from bin to timeline, it always move the playhead at the end of the clip. Would be nice to have an option to not move the playhead.

+1

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

+1

Martin Heffels

PostMon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 am

It would be great if:

Match Frame would match the selected Video/Audio clip int he source window, instead of having to disable all other tracks, except the one you want to Frame Match.

This is a ongoing request, so I'm not the first one: make it possible to change the size/frame-rate of the project afterwards. Not, once you set it, you're stuck to it. The workarounds are a pain to get your project to another frame-rate. Even exporting to say 25fps of a 50fps, isn't possible. I believe any decent NLE can do this ;)

The burn-in of timecodes is useless in my opinion. As example, I look at Adobe Premiere. Timecode for every track, and if I shift audio of a video-track, this is also reflected in the timecode.
In Resolve the timecode of audio and video stay the same. It is handy to keep exact track of the timecodes, when checking synch among audio and video.

A shortcut-key to zoom in/out on the timeline. Having to drag the slider all the time is laborious, and isn't precise. +/= key to zoom in, -/_ key to zoom out would be nice.
And while the programmers are at it, short-cut for the track-height as well please. E.g. Alt-+ and Alt-- to increase/decrease height (see Adobe Premiere).

Consistency in key-usage: in the edit-panel, arrow-up/-down equals next/previous cut. In Fairlight this is track up/down.
Last edited by Martin Heffels on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam Brown

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 4:59 am

Please add native audio support in Linux. Having to use extra hardware for mobile laptop users is not a convenient solution.

waltervolpatto

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 4:25 pm

delivery
once the delivery has been prepared, having an extra option that sound like

[Render markers only]
[Colors (checkmark for colors)].

If i have to do 20 patches of various length on a finish reel, i don't want to export the whole product again, i want to export singles shots/ in - out/ single frames.
And i don't want to make 20 new batch exports either (prone to errors).
Walter Volpatto - C.S.I.
Digital Intermediate Colorist
Fotokem, Burbank. USA
www.fotokem.com
www.coloristsociety.com

Inb4YouCanJustColorComments: yes you can, good luck with that.

waltervolpatto

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Media page, if i select shots, a count of how many shots i selected.

The ability to type a frame number, not just timecode
The ability to type a frame number in the source timecode, if that clip has it, jump at that frame
Walter Volpatto - C.S.I.
Fotokem, Burbank. USA
www.fotokem.com
www.coloristsociety.com

waltervolpatto

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 3:30 am

old request.

FIFO / render ahead plauback cache.

does not matter how much power you have in the machine, there will be alwas that moment where you have to play and those 4 shots will not play in realtime for just a bit, and there is no time to wait for the cache.

The best implementation I saw of a FIFO buffer playout, is in the SGO mistika:

you press play
the machine start to render as fast as it could frames (as if you have the machine in delivery mode and you just export: it goes as fast as you can)
put everything in a buffer first In, First out, as large as the memory can hold (usually for our machine ws 750 frames in 2K
after 8 frames are rendered, it start to play the first, then the second at 24fps and soon.
if your playout cache render is faster than 24fps, it will fill the ram, if it is lower, it will deplete.
all the little glitch that you might get at the cutpopints (when they are too tight often you ger a hiccups even if you're overpowered) an dthose pesky sots will play smooth for a while.

second, the ability to tell the machine how many frames to wait (filling th ecache) before you have to play: range 1-48
third, after a set time of inactivity, stat to fill the cache for playback.
Walter Volpatto - C.S.I.
Fotokem, Burbank. USA
www.fotokem.com
www.coloristsociety.com

Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve