Page 6 of 9

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 pm
by Randy Walters
Thanks – I’ll test that first thing going forward.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:39 pm
by Jean Rivoire
where can I download resolve beta 1? when I export my videos, beta 2 is cutting few seconds of sound at the beginning.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:02 am
by Mal Owens
Resolve Beta 2. I've discovered some audio bugs (static bursts) that have already been noted by other users, plus a work around that seems to have worked for me.

- Burst of static when moving the playhead at random times
- Burst of static is audible when a timeline has just finished an export
- Burst of static is audible at the beginning of the exported file, except when I following these steps. This has worked 4 times consistently so far in the project I am currently editing:
i) make audio fading adjustments in Fairlight
ii) switch back to Edit Page
iii) move playhead to start of timeline (static burst is audible when the playhead moves)
iv) go straight to the Deliver page and export the video without moving the playhead position
v) the resulting clip does not have static at the start when I use my custom youTube preset
- Adjusting curve of a fade on an audio clip in Fairlight does not “save” when timelines are changed. Instead, reverts to the default curve.
- Making a compound clip in the Edit Page with just audio edits crashes Resolve.
- Adjusting the fade handle of an audio clip in the timeline does not adjust the volume during playback.
- Creating a custom delivery export, reverts to “Automatic” quality rather than “Restricts To” which the preset was created with when timelines are changed
- Horizontal scrolling of the mouse in the timeline is too slow, especially when zoomed in.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:14 am
by Forest Finbow
For some reason, I can't open or display any Apple Prores (3.2K Arri Alexa) on my win 7 install. The Nvidia Driver crashes every time (crashing all of Resolve at the same time).

I tried upgrading the driver, without success.

Switching to OpenCL instead of CUDA in the preferences allowed me to view the files but in a very glitchy way and ended with a GPU memory full as soon as I tried to open a busy project.

I guess I should also mention everything was fine with Resolve 12.5 on the same machine.

The log mentions : "CUDA error 4: 'unspecified launch failure'" before the software terminates...

I know Windows 7 is not officially supported but here are my specs all the same:

Win 7 64bits
GPU : Geforce 980 Ti

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:38 am
by Robert James
Audio Failure

Problem: Audio breaks up on edit page seconds after start, but seems to work Ok on FairLight page.

Solution: I have not found a work around, and has existed on both beta 1 and 2. System Audio is set too
32bits, 48000Hz

Logs and project files sent.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:07 pm
by Davide Visca
Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.

I installed DaVinci Resolve 14b2 on a DELL M4600 notebook (i7, 24 GB RAM, SSD, nVidia Quadro 1000M 2GB, Windows 8.1).

Fairlight module work perfectly.

Loading a clip in edit module, after four or five seconds DaVinci crash.

In video settings I selected OpenCL. (CUDA don't work at all).

Any idea?

Thanks to all.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:01 am
by Rohit Gupta
Davide Visca wrote:Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.

I installed DaVinci Resolve 14b2 on a DELL M4600 notebook (i7, 24 GB RAM, SSD, nVidia Quadro 1000M 2GB, Windows 8.1).

Fairlight module work perfectly.

Loading a clip in edit module, after four or five seconds DaVinci crash.

In video settings I selected OpenCL. (CUDA don't work at all).

Any idea?

Thanks to all.


Could you please capture logs and post? What type of file did you drop on the timeline? What resolution was it?

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:25 pm
by Davide Visca
Rohit Gupta wrote:
Davide Visca wrote:Hi all,

this is my first post on this forum.

I installed DaVinci Resolve 14b2 on a DELL M4600 notebook (i7, 24 GB RAM, SSD, nVidia Quadro 1000M 2GB, Windows 8.1).

Fairlight module work perfectly.

Loading a clip in edit module, after four or five seconds DaVinci crash.

In video settings I selected OpenCL. (CUDA don't work at all).

Any idea?

Thanks to all.


Could you please capture logs and post? What type of file did you drop on the timeline? What resolution was it?


The clip is H264 MPEG-4, 1920 x 1080, 24 fps, 4:2:0 YUV, audio MPEG AAC
My audio device is a Novation audio HUB - 24 bit / 48 Khz
Video driver version is 377.35

To download LOGS and Dump:

https://we.tl/3qJVn3Q9dn

Thank you.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 pm
by Derek Morrison
Not sure if posted before, but... Creating a compound clip in a timeline crashes DR14b2. Tried opening the project on two different windows machines and DR14b2 stops responding almost immediately.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:17 am
by Richard Halle
Immediate crash when importing media. Cannot test anything. Will wait till the next update.

Resolve Studio 14b. Windows 10 64 bits.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:25 am
by Jason Tackaberry
Using any VST with a meter or analyzer, e.g. a FabFilter Pro-Q2 or Pro-MB, Izotope Neutron, Voxengo SPAN, Dynameter, etc. on either a clip (in Edit page) or track (in Fairlight page) doesn't update the VST UI with the meter/analyzer. Although the plugins otherwise work.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:55 am
by Jeffrey D Mathias
A bug for Resolve Beta B using the micro control panel:
When on an OpenFX node, in this case Face Refinement, when the <DISABLE> key is toggled on the micro control the key illumination on control panel does not brighten. It does brighten and dim for other nodes or if the OpenFX is dragged into a regular node.

DaVinci Resolve 14 Beta B
Xenon E5-2650 v2
32GB
Windows 10, 64-bit
Firepro 8100 and 7000
Blackmagic Micro Control Panel

B2 on Win10 - big lags before ready?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:43 pm
by Paul Draper
I haven't seen this reported elsewhere as yet (could be wrong tho'):

System: Win 10 Creators; Dell T7910 Precision workstation; 64GB ram; 2x 3.0Ghz Xeon E5-2687Wv4 12core CPUs; 2 x Titan X 12GB Maxwell GPUs; Samsung SSDs. Performance analyses read well & seem to confirm that R14b2 is in no way exhausting Ram, CPU or GPU. Looking very good there.

Using DaVinci Resolve 14b2. After importing a number of days of GH5 4k .MOV footage onto various timelines, there is always a long & substantial lag before the timeline(s) will respond at all. i.e., no scrubbing, no audio etc. Once I wait a respectable time - many minutes - the timeline eventually 'gets going'. This behaviour also seems present in Resolve Studio 12.5.5 to some degree. Anyone seen this before? Any solutions?

Am transferring from portable USB3.1 2TB Samsung T3 SSD. Timeline caching is on, but for the moment the GH5 .MOVs are not optimised or transcoded until a few final selections are made and complied before transcoding to another SSD. A mix of 4k 25p, 50p & 180p footage; mostly 25p. Yes, I realise Resolve is not so good with H264, however, this long pausing factor & without any status indicator seems odd and unusable without UI feedback.

A couple of suggestions otherwise?

Add user-invoked 'process window' /progress bars a la FCPX. That way one can see one might be rendering or operating in the background at all times. Presently there is zero way to tell what Resolve is doing (except for the on-board items /progress bars that do come up from time to time).

Off-topic: have seen this mentioned elsewhere - please add a little more flexibility to the windows screen-set memories /configs. With much poking about, it still seems impossible to add this obvious screen set - one display for Timeline editing, the other for full screen video playback. Similarly Colour grading. Again, a greater degree of windows screen sets customisation would be useful, a la FCPX.

Many thanks
Paul

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:44 pm
by Jason Tackaberry
In the Fairlight page, middle-click drag doesn't pan the view like it does in the Edit page.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:42 pm
by Johannes Abeling
Windows 10 64Bit, i7-5820K, 32G RAM, GeForce GTX970

DVR14 Beta 2 won't open my Canon 5D Mark IV 1080p All-I mov files.
It only shows them as audio...

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:20 pm
by Sam Cruz
There's no sense of audio levels and no way to reset things easily:
-There's a "master" volume with no level indication (the one with the DIM button) - Mystery!
-Double-clicking faders doesn't reset them (0dB):
ui_audio-levels.jpg
ui_audio-levels.jpg (38.64 KiB) Viewed 1289701 times


Audio issues:
-Audio track volume curve are not working (audio level stays the same).
-In some case creating audio curves even mutes the clip.
-The documentation for Audio signal flow diagrams is still empty.

UI
-Tool-tips are critically missing all over the place (when hovering icons & buttons with mouse).
-Workspace shortcuts (and menu) don't follow the UI's workflow/order:
ui_order.jpg
ui_order.jpg (35.87 KiB) Viewed 1289701 times


-In Fairlight, the inspector can't collapse like in Edit:
ui_fairlight_collapse.jpg
ui_fairlight_collapse.jpg (19.54 KiB) Viewed 1289701 times


Thanks!

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:47 pm
by James Harkness
RaphaelCarpenter wrote:Very annoying bug with audio fades on clips.
Whatever you set (drag small white marker near begin or end of clip) 5sec, 50sec etc audio fade is not going linearly and sound is just cut at the end.
Sounds like D-curve, it has to be linear drop or inverted S-curve.
At this moment fade is useless :(



there is so many posts to go through. I just found this through the search engine because like you said audio fade is useless. any luck with this?

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:42 am
by Donnell Henry
error message: There was a problem loading off plugins. open DaVinci resolve and enable, when i try to enable Ofx plugins it causes Davinci resolve to freeze up

EDIT: Its loading now ion beta 2

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:08 am
by James Harkness
Delivery stops right at 99% and doesn't complete. twice in a row now.

Re: B2 on Win10 - big lags before ready?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:47 am
by Piotr Wozniacki
Paul Draper wrote:Using DaVinci Resolve 14b2. After importing a number of days of GH5 4k .MOV footage onto various timelines, there is always a long & substantial lag before the timeline(s) will respond at all. i.e., no scrubbing, no audio etc. Once I wait a respectable time - many minutes - the timeline eventually 'gets going'. This behaviour also seems present in Resolve Studio 12.5.5 to some degree. Anyone seen this before? Any solutions?l


Hi Paul, something must have gone south with your installation as I grade my GH5 25p 10 bit 422 on a regular basis, and have not encountered any lag at all. Considering my system is considerably weaker than yours (see my sig), there must be something wrong going on with yours - in any case, this is not DR 12,5/14b2 or the GH5 codec which causes it. Hope this helps

Piotr

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:54 am
by Johannes Abeling
Lucas Hilty wrote:
Fernando Sousa wrote:On Linux, MP4 and MOV footage in H264 get loaded as just audio. Image works fine though......

On Windows 10, my MOVs in H.264 also get loaded as audio only. I can't get the picture back.


Same here on Windows 10

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:41 pm
by Darren Scott
Just upgraded my Davinci 12.5 to 14...running on windows 7 (yeh I know its not officially supported). However I'm having an issue with jagged edges (stair stepping) in the display monitor of the colour section. It's as if the monitor setting (in settings section) is set to basic...But its not set to basic, its set to bilinear which usually gets rid of those jagged edges in Resolve 12.5. Setting to Bilinear in D14 seems to do nothing. Anyone else have that issue?

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:25 pm
by Ricardo Birnbaum
Izotope RX 6 unreliable operation. The GUI in auto shifts uncontrollably.

On a MacPro 5.1 running Sierra.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:11 pm
by Seth Geiser
James Harkness wrote:
RaphaelCarpenter wrote:Very annoying bug with audio fades on clips.
Whatever you set (drag small white marker near begin or end of clip) 5sec, 50sec etc audio fade is not going linearly and sound is just cut at the end.
Sounds like D-curve, it has to be linear drop or inverted S-curve.
At this moment fade is useless :(



there is so many posts to go through. I just found this through the search engine because like you said audio fade is useless. any luck with this?


I'm having a similar problem with beta 2, but it's audio transitions that aren't working, rather than fades. If I drag the white marker near the ends of the clip to do a fade, that works fine, but crossfades don't work at all, the audio just cuts.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:41 pm
by Derek Morrison
Found another odd bug, in the titler - text the tracking snaps back to 0 and does not show the true tracking space the text is set to.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:12 pm
by Heimo Fuchs
v14B2

Still no sound after import with H264 files from a Panasonic AG-AC90

Test clip (23MB):
http://faxxe.dyndns.org/00000.MTS

Would be helpful

-Heimo

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 pm
by Ronan Le Meillat
Found a bug,

On Macos X.12.5
I have a Image sequence produced via Adobe Lightroom 2015.10, it consists of 3395 dng files numbered like DSC_3391.dng

In Resolve 14b2 when I drag the folder in the media pool, Resolve crash instantly.

In the log this is the last 3 lines

[0x70001175f000] | IO | ERROR | 2017-05-24 19:38:05,057 | Failed to get frame information from video frame </Volumes/6TO/BigBe??ton2/Se??quence4k-DNG/DSC_1.dng>, error: <Feature is not implemented.>
[0x70001175f000] | IO | ERROR | 2017-05-24 19:38:05,057 | Failed to read header of file '/Volumes/6TO/BigBe??ton2/Se??quence4k-DNG/DSC_1.dng' from the generic decoder framework

[0x70000fd46000] | IO | ERROR | 2017-05-24 19:38:05,080 | Failed to read frame frame from video frame </Volumes/6TO/BigBe??ton2/Se??quence4k-DNG/DSC_1.dng>, error: <Feature is not implemented.>


This is the first image on a Dropbox share

I understand that "the feature is not implemented" but crash is a bit excessive isnt'it?

this is the crash dump

==========[CRASH DUMP]========
Please send this to support:
#TIME Wed May 24 19:38:05 2017 - Uptime 00:01:21 (hh:mm:ss)
#FROM_EMAIL
#TO_EMAIL
#VERSION 14.0b (#023)
#SMTP_SERVER
#PROGRAM_NAME (64-bit)

0 Resolve 0x00000001030a31b8 _ZN7DaVinci9Converter5Video5dpx10INS1_12dpx10conv_LEEE18VectorConvertTo16uEPKciPciii + 245496
1 libsystem_platform.dylib 0x00007fffa265bb3a _sigtramp + 26
2 ??? 0x0000000000000400 0x0 + 1024
3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fffa24e0420 abort + 129
4 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fffa24a7893 basename_r + 0
5 Resolve 0x0000000103049abf _ZN13TiffReadProxy8SizeProcEPv + 34607
6 Resolve 0x0000000103017f61 _ZN5boost6detail8function26void_function_obj_invoker2INS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf2IvN7ListMgt9LmVersionEPKNS7_9LmCCGraphEiEENS3_5list3INS3_5valueIPS8_EENS_3argILi1EEENSH_ILi2EEEEEEEvSB_iE6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferESB_i + 362737
7 Resolve 0x000000010301a0f3 _ZN5boost6detail8function26void_function_obj_invoker2INS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf2IvN7ListMgt9LmVersionEPKNS7_9LmCCGraphEiEENS3_5list3INS3_5valueIPS8_EENS_3argILi1EEENSH_ILi2EEEEEEEvSB_iE6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferESB_i + 371331
8 Resolve 0x0000000102a29a36 _ZN15QtSharedPointer33ExternalRefCountWithCustomDeleterIcPFvPvEE7deleterEPNS_20ExternalRefCountDataE + 30198
9 Resolve 0x00000001016a690c _ZN5boost2io6detail13call_put_lastIcSt11char_traitsIcEKmEEvRSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_EPKv + 18140
10 Resolve 0x00000001029fc0ee _ZN5boost6detail8function21function_obj_invoker2INS_9algorithm6detail13token_finderFINS4_14is_classifiedFEEENS_14iterator_rangeIN9__gnu_cxx17__normal_iteratorIPKcSsEEEESD_SD_E6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferESD_SD_ + 62862
11 Resolve 0x00000001029fb451 _ZN5boost6detail8function21function_obj_invoker2INS_9algorithm6detail13token_finderFINS4_14is_classifiedFEEENS_14iterator_rangeIN9__gnu_cxx17__normal_iteratorIPKcSsEEEESD_SD_E6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferESD_SD_ + 59633
12 Resolve 0x0000000102a01559 _ZN5boost2io6detail13call_put_lastIcSt11char_traitsIcEKlEEvRSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_EPKv + 10713
13 Resolve 0x00000001016a1483 _ZN5boost2io6detail13call_put_lastIcSt11char_traitsIcEKxEEvRSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_EPKv + 176499
14 Resolve 0x0000000103110ba9 _ZN14BtSerializable14CreateInstanceEv + 41241
15 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fffa266593b _pthread_body + 180
16 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fffa2665887 _pthread_body + 0
17 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fffa266508d thread_start + 13
Signal Number = 6
==============================
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::lock_error> >: boost: mutex lock failed in pthread_mutex_lock: Invalid argumentlibc++abi.dylib:
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::lock_error> >: boost: mutex lock failed in pthread_mutex_lock: Invalid argumentlibc++abi.dylib:
terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::lock_error> >: boost: mutex lock failed in pthread_mutex_lock: Invalid argument


Some required information is missing for email crash report, the crash archive will not be updated

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:20 pm
by benwalterdirector
Still no audio transitions in Beta 2. This is getting to a point where you wonder if anyone cares about it.

Transition on timeline but nothing happens.

I don't even have the transitions for my previous projects working.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:31 pm
by AlecWild
Crashes randomly.
Crashes when adjusting FilmConvert sliders (OFX)
Audio plays in Edit page, but often not in Media page.
Audio won't kick in for several seconds after playing clip
Audio volume adjustments to Multicam clips in the edit page don't stay when on media page.
Audio is wonky in general. Sometimes plays, sometimes doesn't.

MacPro
I7 4790K
2x GTX 960 4Gb
32Gb RAM
Sierra 10.12.5

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:31 pm
by Thomas Stigler
Crashes when I try to save. Opened up a davinci 12.5 project file, made some changes, tried to save, crashed. Issue persisted after restart & duplicate of project file. About to reinstall 12.5, definitely tried 14 too early.

system specs:

late 2013 Mac pro
6-core
dual d700 gpu
16mb ram
Linked to media on internal 500gb ssd

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:54 pm
by Matt Frelin
Hello, here's my first post on this forum.

I've downloaded the Beta 2 of Da Vinci 14, and when I try to add some video clips, Da Vinci see them as audio files only... It's embarrassing.

Clips are .mov H.264, 1080p25.

However, thanks a lot for this new version !

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:56 am
by Sam Treadway
I'm experiencing the same issue below when adding keys to the audio track. I'm unable to play with spacebar, soft buttons or any other hotkeys. When scrubbing I can here the audio skipping as expected and the picture updates as well...but no playback. I switched to the Fairlight page thinking that might be the culprit since it's engine is probably managing the audio in all other timelines now. Sure enough, I was able to play the audio with spacebar in the Fairlight page.

Robert James wrote:1) Mixer Panel Setting and position are not persisting an application restart.

This is a big one.
2) Play-head functionality ( and space bar or play button) is disconnecting after opening up pretty much any mixer function while media is playing and making an adjustment. After which you can no longer reliably restart or stop the media anywhere in the application. The only fix is an application restart.

EDIT: Sometime is takes a few adjustments to trigger the failure, but it is reproducible every time.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:26 am
by Jamie LeJeune
Cristian Paradiso wrote:Hello DaVinci Resolvers ;)
Big issue with the new build which is driving me crazy…Now let’s see how goo I am to explain it…
For some reason doing any action with the mouse seems uncontrollable…Example: I’m creating a power window and I move the pointer where I need I release the mouse button and that point goes randomly in a completely different part way off where I pointed at. Same things for pretty much anything else that regards pointing thing, another sample is I’m holding a node to move it slightly more on the right and boom it jumps at the very bottom of the page….patiently I’ll bring it up again and when I have it nearly back to the same spot I release the button and boom jump back at the bottom again…So far has driving me mad…Anybody else with the same issue? I’ll try to replace the battery in the mouse to see If that’s the case but I doubt it as it works well in any other application. Anybody else experienced something like that? Any ideas? Even on the curve you try to make your curve and point goes crazy…argh!!! Can produce a video as it is that easy to replicate If you like. Ps: Battery replacement didn't fix it

Logitech mouse M525
Imac 27 late 2013
intel core 3.4ghz i5
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB
Mac osierra 10.12.1


I'm having exactly the same issues, but with Apple Magic Mouse. The mouse is completely unreliable and bizarre behavior when it does work. I can't get very far without getting stuck on a command that requires the mouse, but the mouse refuses to trigger the action or set the correct value.

Experienced in 14b2 and 14b3 on a 6-Core 2013 Mac Pro, 32GB RAM, D700 GPU running OSX 10.12.5

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:50 am
by Petr Krenzelok
Beta 3. Opens nicely, CPU usage issue seems to be fixed. When trying to switch to the Media tab, or import a clip, crashes on msvcrt120.dll again ....

Edit: sent my logs to support ....

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:11 am
by Umberto Uderzo
Same crash as Petr's.
Windows 8 x64.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 am
by Martin Heffels
Martin Heffels wrote:50fps 200Mbps all-intra MOV, video doesn't load. This is footage recorded on a Panasonic GH4.


This issue has been resolved in Beta 3! All all-intra footage in the various formats, plays back nice and smooth now.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 am
by Tomek Cobas
OSX El Capitan

Caching the timeline stops on its own after some time (couple of minutes). In order to get it going again I have to go into resolve and usually just click on the timeline, this simple operation starts the render process again. This means that I cant just leave Resolve unsupervised and go back to a rendered timeline. The workaround is to leave resolve with play pressed. But i would think this slows down the rendering process as in addition to rendering resolve has to play back an image on the screen at the same time witch takes more resources from the CPU and GPU.

This was happening also with prev versions for me (v12 - v12.5), on a mac and also windows.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:51 am
by Florent Le Ven
Superwhites seem to be clipped in Resolve 14 with A7s mark 1 Xavc-s files. It was not the case with Resolve 12.5.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:34 pm
by Akpe Ododoru
Every single version of 14 (1, 2 and 3) keep crashing on start up, i've never had the chance to try it out.
Can someone pls tell me how to get this working.
I tried the free and paid for version, but none works :(

My spec-
macOS Sierra
iMac 5k, 27", late 2014
Processor- 4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory- 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics- AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:38 pm
by Survivor_Films
Beta 3 still has the flickering panels in Fairlight on Win 8.1 x64 with Radeon R285 and Crimson 17.5.1 drivers.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:15 pm
by Rohit Gupta
Survivor_Films wrote:Beta 3 still has the flickering panels in Fairlight on Win 8.1 x64 with Radeon R285 and Crimson 17.5.1 drivers.


There is a bug in the AMD Drivers which was fixed in 17.4.4 but got reintroduced in 17.5.1. It will be fixed in a future update.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:30 pm
by Survivor_Films
Rohit Gupta wrote:There is a bug in the AMD Drivers which was fixed in 17.4.4 but got reintroduced in 17.5.1. It will be fixed in a future update.


Thanks Rohit - I'll try 17.4.4 - for the record, this bug was in drivers prior to 17.5.1 too since earlier versions I used exhibited the same behavior.

*Edit* Note for other AMD users, I've tested 17.4.4 and they work flawlessly with R14.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:13 pm
by Ronan Le Meillat
Ronan Le Meillat wrote:Found a bug,

On Macos X.12.5
I have a Image sequence produced via Adobe Lightroom 2015.10, it consists of 3395 dng files numbered like DSC_3391.dng

In Resolve 14b2 when I drag the folder in the media pool, Resolve crash instantly.

In the log this is the last 3 lines

[0x70001175f000] | IO | ERROR | 2017-05-24 19:38:05,057 | Failed to get frame information from video frame </Volumes/6TO/BigBe??ton2/Se??quence4k-DNG/DSC_1.dng>, error: <Feature is not implemented.>
[0x70001175f000] | IO | ERROR | 2017-05-24 19:38:05,057 | Failed to read header of file '/Volumes/6TO/BigBe??ton2/Se??quence4k-DNG/DSC_1.dng' from the generic decoder framework

[0x70000fd46000] | IO | ERROR | 2017-05-24 19:38:05,080 | Failed to read frame frame from video frame </Volumes/6TO/BigBe??ton2/Se??quence4k-DNG/DSC_1.dng>, error: <Feature is not implemented.>


This is the first image on a Dropbox share

I understand that "the feature is not implemented" but crash is a bit excessive isnt'it?

this is the crash dump

==========[CRASH DUMP]========
Please send this to support:
#TIME Wed May 24 19:38:05 2017 - Uptime 00:01:21 (hh:mm:ss)
#FROM_EMAIL
#TO_EMAIL
#VERSION 14.0b (#023)
#SMTP_SERVER
#PROGRAM_NAME (64-bit)

0 Resolve 0x00000001030a31b8 _ZN7DaVinci9Converter5Video5dpx10INS1_12dpx10conv_LEEE18VectorConvertTo16uEPKciPciii + 245496
1 libsystem_platform.dylib 0x00007fffa265bb3a _sigtramp + 26
2 ??? 0x0000000000000400 0x0 + 1024
3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fffa24e0420 abort + 129
4 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fffa24a7893 basename_r + 0
5 Resolve 0x0000000103049abf _ZN13TiffReadProxy8SizeProcEPv + 34607
6 Resolve 0x0000000103017f61 _ZN5boost6detail8function26void_function_obj_invoker2INS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf2IvN7ListMgt9LmVersionEPKNS7_9LmCCGraphEiEENS3_5list3INS3_5valueIPS8_EENS_3argILi1EEENSH_ILi2EEEEEEEvSB_iE6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferESB_i + 362737
7 Resolve 0x000000010301a0f3 _ZN5boost6detail8function26void_function_obj_invoker2INS_3_bi6bind_tIvNS_4_mfi3mf2IvN7ListMgt9LmVersionEPKNS7_9LmCCGraphEiEENS3_5list3INS3_5valueIPS8_EENS_3argILi1EEENSH_ILi2EEEEEEEvSB_iE6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferESB_i + 371331
8 Resolve 0x0000000102a29a36 _ZN15QtSharedPointer33ExternalRefCountWithCustomDeleterIcPFvPvEE7deleterEPNS_20ExternalRefCountDataE + 30198
9 Resolve 0x00000001016a690c _ZN5boost2io6detail13call_put_lastIcSt11char_traitsIcEKmEEvRSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_EPKv + 18140
10 Resolve 0x00000001029fc0ee _ZN5boost6detail8function21function_obj_invoker2INS_9algorithm6detail13token_finderFINS4_14is_classifiedFEEENS_14iterator_rangeIN9__gnu_cxx17__normal_iteratorIPKcSsEEEESD_SD_E6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferESD_SD_ + 62862
11 Resolve 0x00000001029fb451 _ZN5boost6detail8function21function_obj_invoker2INS_9algorithm6detail13token_finderFINS4_14is_classifiedFEEENS_14iterator_rangeIN9__gnu_cxx17__normal_iteratorIPKcSsEEEESD_SD_E6invokeERNS1_15function_bufferESD_SD_ + 59633
12 Resolve 0x0000000102a01559 _ZN5boost2io6detail13call_put_lastIcSt11char_traitsIcEKlEEvRSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_EPKv + 10713
13 Resolve 0x00000001016a1483 _ZN5boost2io6detail13call_put_lastIcSt11char_traitsIcEKxEEvRSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_EPKv + 176499
14 Resolve 0x0000000103110ba9 _ZN14BtSerializable14CreateInstanceEv + 41241
15 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fffa266593b _pthread_body + 180
16 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fffa2665887 _pthread_body + 0
17 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fffa266508d thread_start + 13
Signal Number = 6
==============================
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::lock_error> >: boost: mutex lock failed in pthread_mutex_lock: Invalid argumentlibc++abi.dylib:
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::lock_error> >: boost: mutex lock failed in pthread_mutex_lock: Invalid argumentlibc++abi.dylib:
terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<boost::lock_error> >: boost: mutex lock failed in pthread_mutex_lock: Invalid argument


Some required information is missing for email crash report, the crash archive will not be updated


Exactly the same with DaVinci Resolve 14.0 beta 3

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:23 pm
by Robert James
I did a super fast VST plug-in test with Beta 3.

Good news: is that you can now remove a VST plug-in applied to an audio track/clip.

Bad news: VST's still don't work correctly. There seem to be a 'communication link' issue between most of my VST's and V14.

Thank you BMD for fixing the destructive VST removal bug.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:27 pm
by Piotr Wozniacki
Akpe Ododoru wrote:Every single version of 14 (1, 2 and 3) keep crashing on start up, i've never had the chance to try it out.
Can someone pls tell me how to get this working.
I tried the free and paid for version, but none works :(

Is 12.5 still working for you? If so, follow these steps:

1. Backup you database
2. Export each project separately (only those are necessary which you will continue working on with the 14)

3. Create an empty database and activate (select) it - still in 12.5!!!
4. Install the 14 (you can do it over the 12.5 - worked for me)
5. It should now start with the new, empty database
6. Import the previously exported projects, or create new one :)

Hope this helps

Piotr

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:38 pm
by Christian Bremont
Absolutely fabulous!

Finally an efficient decoding of RAW 4K DCI 16-bits in full resolution in real time and with noise reduction in 25P on a Mac pro 2013 12-core dual D700!
A great time so thank Blackmagic because it's almost the best day of the year.
In rendering, always for Raw 4K dci 16 bits 25P of a Sony F55, it is more than the real time: 33 fps and without any artefact!
On the other hand, when the two noise reductions (temporal and spatial) are activated with "temporal NR" on 5, a few artifacts reappear if the rendering is not limited to 2 fps. The tests were carried out with 40 Raw 4K dci 16-bit 25p clips for a 20-minute timeline. Good continuation to all!

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:54 pm
by Akpe Ododoru
Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
Akpe Ododoru wrote:Every single version of 14 (1, 2 and 3) keep crashing on start up, i've never had the chance to try it out.
Can someone pls tell me how to get this working.
I tried the free and paid for version, but none works :(

Is 12.5 still working for you? If so, follow these steps:

1. Backup you database
2. Export each project separately (only those are necessary which you will continue working on with the 14)

3. Create an empty database and activate (select) it - still in 12.5!!!
4. Install the 14 (you can do it over the 12.5 - worked for me)
5. It should now start with the new, empty database
6. Import the previously exported projects, or create new one :)

Hope this helps

Piotr


Thanks for the response

Do i backup the database into any specific folder on anywhere on my computer

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:04 pm
by John Paines
Akpe Ododoru wrote:
Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
Akpe Ododoru wrote:Every single version of 14 (1, 2 and 3) keep crashing on start up, i've never had the chance to try it out.
Can someone pls tell me how to get this working.
I tried the free and paid for version, but none works :(

Is 12.5 still working for you? If so, follow these steps:

1. Backup you database
2. Export each project separately (only those are necessary which you will continue working on with the 14)

3. Create an empty database and activate (select) it - still in 12.5!!!
4. Install the 14 (you can do it over the 12.5 - worked for me)
5. It should now start with the new, empty database
6. Import the previously exported projects, or create new one :)

Hope this helps

Piotr


Thanks for the response

Do i backup the database into any specific folder on anywhere on my computer


[reply omitted, based on Dwaine's correction below.]

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:15 pm
by Dwaine Maggart
Disagree. There have been instances of certain V12 databases crashing in V14. So Piotr's suggestion of creating a new empty database in V12 and then updating to V14 is a sound one.

I'm not sure it's worth the effort to export projects in V12, as those should be able to be Imported in V14 from the original V12 database, if they are going to work at all, in the Project Manager area. But it also can't hurt.

You can backup the database to any location you have write access to.

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:47 pm
by Akpe Ododoru
Piotr Wozniacki wrote:
Akpe Ododoru wrote:Every single version of 14 (1, 2 and 3) keep crashing on start up, i've never had the chance to try it out.
Can someone pls tell me how to get this working.
I tried the free and paid for version, but none works :(

Is 12.5 still working for you? If so, follow these steps:

1. Backup you database
2. Export each project separately (only those are necessary which you will continue working on with the 14)

3. Create an empty database and activate (select) it - still in 12.5!!!
4. Install the 14 (you can do it over the 12.5 - worked for me)
5. It should now start with the new, empty database
6. Import the previously exported projects, or create new one :)

Hope this helps

Piotr


Thanks dude, i tried this and it worked.
Problem now is i lost all my "stills" and "power grade" :(

If i even try to connect to "Local Database" davince just packs up :(