Data Driven Titles

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

stephenkennington

Data Driven Titles

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi.

I have created a template project which I am using to have a constant look and feel to the videos.
At the start and end I have a title screen which details the video name, date & location it was shot, music used and any other helpful info.

Q. I was wondering if there was to link the titles together?

So when I update the titles are the start of the time line it also updates the end titles.

I created a couple of videos and found I corrected typos in the first but not on the end and I want to reduce the possibility of messing it up.

Q. Is there was a way for DaVinci Resolve to pull the details from an external file?

As part of my media folder layout I generate an XML file with details on when and were video/photos were shot, along with a description of the contents. It would be cool to be able to pull this is and auto generate the titles.

Q. If not does anyone know of a tool that does this sort of thing which I can pull the output from into DaVinci?

stephenkennington

Re: Data Driven Titles

PostSat Apr 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Found an answer to the questions

Q. I was wondering if there was to link the titles together?

So I add in a two titles object into the Time Line. I make sure the are both selected and then right click the first one. From the context menu I select "Link Clips". Now when I enter text and settings in the first title the second one is updated with the same details. Now I can drag one to the start of the time line and the other to the end and both will display the same details. If I need to make a correction or update both change.

As to the second questions about data driven titles, I have not found a solution and from the options I have explored in DaVinic Resolve so far I have not found one.

The above solution works well so far, so this may be all I need for the time being.

Return to DaVinci Resolve