Is the Postgres installer in Windows Resolve 12.5.5 broken?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Marcus Hopton Smith

Is the Postgres installer in Windows Resolve 12.5.5 broken?

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 am

Hi there,

We just switched over to windows from years of Mac Resolve use and we're having trouble installing Postgres with the Davinci Resolve Studio 12.5.5 installer. We are using the latest version of Windows 10 on a Super Micro Box.

Basically during the installation we get an error saying that the postgres install has failed.

When I look at the program files directory I can see it has copied the files there.
When I look in the event viewer I can't see any error logs associated with postgres.
When I look at the Services list I cannot see the postgres service listed.
When I try to connect to the resolve database via pgadmin, I get the error "no server listening"

I'm assuming it's a broken install?

I've uninstalled / resolve resolve and postgres and restarted a number of times but without success. We get the same errors every time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as we've found Windows Resolve disk databases quite unstable (Crashes during save). So we are in a pickle!

Thanks,

Marcus.

Return to DaVinci Resolve