Davinci Resolve as NLE, effects, particles, etc.?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Petr Krenzelok

Davinci Resolve as NLE, effects, particles, etc.?

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 7:53 am

Hi,

new here, so sorry if my questions are rather stupid. Tried to search here and on Google and would like to orientiate myself. We are using a Power Director Suite for some basic video stuff. We wanted to add a better titler options and hence bought Titler Pro. But - while PD bundles version 1.5 with it, separately bought Titler Pro version does not work with PD. That lead me to search elsewhere and I am watching Davinci Resolve becoming an NLE ....

However - I would like to ask about some features, as it is not clear to me. I like more media organisation stuff, but would like to ask:

- Does it provide a transition effects? Either directly, or via the plugins? We have some NewblueFX ones.

- What about particles? I know there is a separate product called Fusion for that, but we are far from being a professional studio. Anything simpler directly as a part of Davinci Resolve?

- Sometimes, we use some shortucts/templates in terms of PD - e.g. having set of photos, videos, creating some nice mix. Is anything like that available for Davinci Resolve? E.g. via a scripting?

I know that with the Davinci Resolve, we are touching the professional level kind of tool, so maybe that's not for us, but I would like to try it anyway (once version 14 works under Win10).

Any suggestions are welcomed :-)

Thanks and best regards,
Petr

Return to DaVinci Resolve