Playback Timeline Issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Chris Morlang

Playback Timeline Issues

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 10:12 am

Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting looking for some help. I'm not completely new to resolve I used to use it at an old job but I never had to set it up or anything. I downloaded it to try out at home and I put some video on the timeline. When I hit play I get about 4 - 6 frames per second. There are no effects or any color correction on any of the clips.

I set the render to smart and even if it does render the clips (turns the bar blue from red) it still only plays back at about 5 - 7 frames per second. I have also tried different formats for the footage with no luck. Sometimes when I play the timeline it'll stay frozen on one frame in the window even though the timeline bar is moving.

I adjusted all my power settings and computer performance options according to the guide

I was using Davinci 12.5 but I figured I'd try it with 14 as well and I get the same results. I've been messing around with it for about four hours before breaking down and coming here. I am heading to work but if anyone has suggestions as to what might be up it'd be greatly appreciated I'll be looking when I get home!

My System:
Windows 10
AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3500 Mhz
32 GB Ram (2133)
NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
120GB SSD Drive (Davinci Installed and OS)
250GB SSD Drive (Scratch and Footage)
My System:
64-Bit Windows 10
256GB Hard Drive
Core i7-6650U 2.2Ghz
16GB Ram DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 540

Return to DaVinci Resolve