Annoying Black Frames and Flickers while rendering 4k

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

systems@travelxp.tv

Annoying Black Frames and Flickers while rendering 4k

PostSat Apr 29, 2017 11:18 am

Hello Forum,

I am raising new thread for for Black frames and flickers during rendering in 4k with 50 FPS . Please bear with me as i am new to post in this forum , Graudally i will learn to postthe subject matter . Anyways.
Following is the machine configration i have Please review it before i start to detail my pain area.

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6 , Mac Pro (Late 2013),Processor: 2.7 GHz 12 core intel xeon E5,Memory: 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC,Graphics: AMD Firepro D700 6144 MB,Modal Identifier: Mac Pro 6.1,Total Numbers of cores: 12,L2 Cache(per core) 256 Kb ,L3 Cache 30 MB,Boot Rom Version: MP61.0110.B21
Davinci Resolve Version : 12.5.4,Davinci Resolve Welcome : 1.0.0

Further to my config, I have install following licensed 3rd party software which i had purchased from original seller website
Flicker Free open Fx 11.5, Neat Video V 4.5.0 pro open FX plug in 3rd Party for noise removal ( Video)

Now , that was machine . I am struggling this issue since more than a year still not got any full proof solution . I logged this issue with Da Vinci resolve support . They suspect that the issue with GPU cards. I had changed both GPU card mentioned in my system configuration but with no luck .

To more detail about the issue is
1. The issue happens every 8 out of 10 renderings.
2. Half way black frame come during rendering
3. Flickers ,sometimes in white or in black comes
I have no idea why this issue happens . when i re-render the issue automatically fixes. but new other project i render the same issue happens.
Also,It takes too much of time.

I would forum members to put some light on this and provide me suggestion so that i can get rid of this issue which lead to save my time ,efforts and money.

Please suggest me if you require more information on this

Return to DaVinci Resolve