Good Job! Time to swicth?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Eigdaar

Good Job! Time to swicth?

PostMon May 01, 2017 12:19 am

I would like to thank the company BMD for making a great leap forward with DR 14. I don't even hope that Apple will go through. I wish DR fluent as FCPX, then there is no more to talk about. (But by the way, FCPX is fluent only before the first third party effect is applied which is not so well optimized.) Apple makes experimental rabbits from its users.

How I said somewhere: If we laughed at the childhood illnesses of some Blackmagic products (black spot on early BM cameras) or at the editing ability of DaVinci, now is time to the rethink. What is the biggest Apple (FCPX) update in past year period? They changed buttons (means UI change), awesome!

I probably will not the one who has lost patience.

You Guys look promising
Jan Novák

Eugene Afanasiev

Re: Good Job! Time to swicth?

PostMon May 01, 2017 2:45 pm

That's the same thought I had last year when they released 12 version concerning Premiere Pro and 12.5 for me was already enough to totally switch.
So I think, yeah, it's about time to switch for all the rest!

Btw, BMC's blackspots can be instantly fixed in DaVinci Resolve.
__
--[[BMD's cameras and Resolve all-post workflow evangelist
My old stuff: http://www.youtube.com/rebelorelse
Debug: Asus ROG Duo GX550 i9 10980 48Gb RAM RTX2080MaxQ DaVinci Resolve Studio / Fusion Studio Latest Version]]--

Jim Simon

PostMon May 01, 2017 3:51 pm

I edited my last three projects with Resolve 12.5, and am currently working on a fourth. Primarily because Premiere Pro doesn't handle Adobe's own CinemaDNG format properly, and Resolve does.

It's a bit of a slog because while Resolve has the clear edge with color, I think PP has the advantage with editing.

Resolve 14 looks to change that.

I'm not renewing my Adobe CC subscription.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Stewart Hemley

PostMon May 01, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm also leaving Adobe for good. My backup NLE, only because it has a huge array of filters that I sometimes need, will be fcpx, until Apple abandons it a la Aperture, Color, pro computers, etc, etc. My main editor will be R14. I installed it on my macboo pro, 2012 vintage, and it works just fine. As soon as the final release version is ready I'll happily buy the full version. No more clunky, bug-ridden PP, no more rip-off subscriptions, replaced by a happy feeling that I'm supporting a company that tries to improve its products at a pretty rapid pace. More power to you BMD.

Return to DaVinci Resolve