Blue pixel streak - where does it come from?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Arian Wichmann

Blue pixel streak - where does it come from?

PostTue May 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I have an intersting probem. I have a piece of footage (ProRes 422 HQ) in Resolve (12.5) that has started to show a blue streak of pixel today. When I last opened it around a month or two ago it wasn't there. When I look at the source file it doesn't show in either a normal Player like VLC or Media Player Classic nor in Premiere, only in Resolve. I would like to solve this without reencoding the whole file.

I though about uploading the file for analysis, but it is nearly 30 GB and would take quite a while for me. Maybe I can test something on my end?

Edit: As I look around the project I notice that this streak is showing on multiple clips always in the same spot. So it definitely looks like a problem with Resolve I think.

Edit2: Converted the ProRes to DNxHD 1080 444 with Media Encoder to see if that changes anything. Resolve doesn't show the streak anymore now. But is there a way to fix this without converting?
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Blue line is showing.
Unbenannt.jpg (57.62 KiB) Viewed 573 times

Arian Wichmann

Re: Blue pixel streak - where does it come from?

PostWed May 10, 2017 10:40 am

I tested the new 14 beta 2 and the streak is gone. So apparently already fixed or something changed overnight.

Return to DaVinci Resolve