Resolve 14 Bug, Frame skipping

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jo Graves

Resolve 14 Bug, Frame skipping

PostThu May 18, 2017 5:49 am

Tried re-installing a couple times. What I thought may have been an installation bug is still here.
While playing or scrubbing through a timeline, either in the editor or color panel, there will be times when a frame will "jump" to a different frame of the clip. Say there's a clip of a guy tripping, frame two of 100(for examples sake) may be him standing and frame 80 his face is about to hit the ground. With this frame skip, I move with the scrubber to frame three from frame two - and frame three, instead of showing him begin to trip - shows him already hitting the ground; it shows frame 80. It's as if the scrubber jumps to a later frame but stays visibly in the same location on the timeline. Then when I go one more frame forward it shows the appropriate next frame that would be expected after the correct third frame.
At the Black Magic presentation in LA yesterday I noticed this skipping was non-existent in their showcase and so thought it may have been a brief bug that had been fixed, but I downloaded it again today it's still there for my computer.
Any help is appreciated,

Computer Specs (PC):
CPU: Intel i5 4570
RAM: 16gb(4gbx4) GSKILL F3 14900
GPU: GTX 1060 4gb

Fianna Wong

Re: Resolve 14 Bug, Frame skipping

PostSat May 20, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this. I've been playing around loosely with 14 (probably I should have downloaded 12 but ...fresh features..cant resist!); finally decided to make a video and noticed this happening for numerous clips in my timeline. I thought that maybe my hardware is underpowered for Resolve, so maybe that is the reason for this? My source clips do not have this "flickering" of frames.

FWIW my specs:

Lenovo P50
Xeon E3-1505M v5
64GB ram
Quadro M2000m 4GB

***EDIT: after I restarted Resolve, all the problems with the frame skipping went away (it was happening on multiple clips).

Jo Graves

PostThu May 25, 2017 5:42 am

I've restarted and nothing has changed.

Fianna Wong

PostThu May 25, 2017 4:38 pm

:( is there a hardware spec list for Resolve?

Return to DaVinci Resolve