14b2 crashing in pthreadVC2.dll

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Nicos Gollan

14b2 crashing in pthreadVC2.dll

PostSat May 20, 2017 11:26 am

Both beta versions have so far consistently been crashing in pthreadVC2.dll (as indicated by Windows events). This appears to happen mostly when rendering a project, but I also had such a crash in the edit module/persona/whatchamacallit.

This is Win10 64bit, Creators Update, on an AMD FX-6300, 16GB RAM, AMD RX480 GPU.

I have generated a logs/crash report archive and can share it, but since it contains memory dumps I would prefer not doing to publicly. So if this would be helpful, feel free to contact me :)

Nicos Gollan

Re: 14b2 crashing in pthreadVC2.dll

PostSat May 27, 2017 10:27 am

Beta 3 does not fix the issue, but I've had an interesting variation.

A short time into the rendering run, it stopped doing anything. After some minutes, a dialogue came up stating that rendering had timed out waiting for frame 850 from input. After confirming the dialogue, rendering continued doing nothing, the UI was unresponsive, and I had to terminate the program (after closing, a process remained running that had to be terminated through Task Manager).

A subsequent attempt then came back to the familiar crash in the mentioned DLL.

Return to DaVinci Resolve