Trouble changing keyboard shortcuts on Resolve 14

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Matheus Cantarelli

Trouble changing keyboard shortcuts on Resolve 14

PostMon May 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Hey all,

I've been trying to customize my keyboard shortcuts in Davinci Resolve 14 beta 2, but I've been having trouble with the S key for some reason. Every time I try to assign it to a different function I get the conflict message "S is already used by editToggleSlipSlide", and the shorcut doesn't work. However, I can't find that command in the Keyboard Mapping tab, not even by searching for the S shorcut. Also, when I try to delete the custom function I assigned to the S key, the program crashes. Is this a bug with the Resolve 14 beta, and is there a solution for this conflict? Thanks for the help.

Marc Wielage

Re: Trouble changing keyboard shortcuts on Resolve 14

PostWed May 24, 2017 1:46 am

I haven't tried it yet, but my general policy with custom keyboard combinations is I try to use the control key whenever possible, because those are never used (at least in the Mac version of Resolve). That way, I know there's never going to be a key conflict. Similar issues exist in other kinds of 3rd party macro programs out there.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

John Paines

PostWed May 24, 2017 1:52 am

"S" is working as a toggle -- between slip and slide -- but either it's not re-assignable or it was omitted from the keyboard map. Try another letter or key combination, keyboard shortcuts are working, for the most part.

Matheus Cantarelli

PostWed May 24, 2017 5:12 pm

John Paines wrote:"S" is working as a toggle -- between slip and slide -- but either it's not re-assignable or it was omitted from the keyboard map. Try another letter or key combination, keyboard shortcuts are working, for the most part.

Yeah, that's the problem. I've been able to change every other shortcut no problem, but for whatever reason I can't remove the "editToggleSlipSlide" function from the S key. I guess it's just an oversight that should be fixed before the final release.

Tony Hulten

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Yeah not being able to remap the s key is a huge inconvenience on my part.
I also find it very frustration that I cant have the same remap key for different pages (such as edit, color fairlight) you have to have a unique key for every function trough out Resolve.. That I dont get..

Hector Corcin

PostFri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm

well.. it didn't happen in final release...
Still can't customize the S key.
I wanted it to be the Razor.

DCMARSHALL

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 4:25 pm

I was having the same problem until I exported the shortcut file and manually found the conflicting "s" shortcut in the text file. After I saved and re-imported the text file, everything worked fine. Hope this helps.

Michael Andre

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 am

Hi,
I was having the same problem. Thanks for the solution.

Return to DaVinci Resolve