Feature request Grab Stills in bypass mode

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SerafimSalnikov

Feature request Grab Stills in bypass mode

PostMon May 22, 2017 6:06 pm

It will be very good idea to add ability of grabbing stills in bypass all grades mode.
Please add this option to the future releases.

One more thing - in 14 beta 1/2 versions I can't import still in any formats except DPX.
In 12.5.5 there was much more stills formats available for import.

Marc Wielage

Re: Feature request Grab Stills in bypass mode

PostWed May 24, 2017 1:42 am

SerafimSalnikov wrote:It will be very good idea to add ability of grabbing stills in bypass all grades mode.

One workaround would be to create a new version, blow out the entire node tree (resetting it to empty), then grab that skill. Now go back to the original version, and you can compare the Bypassed grade mode as a still. I do use the Bypass Grade button on the Mini Panel frequently, and also use it on the Tangent Elements panel for cases where I'm using that, just to get an idea of what the Raw image looks like.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

SerafimSalnikov

Re: Feature request Grab Stills in bypass mode

PostTue May 30, 2017 11:55 am

Marc Wielage wrote:
SerafimSalnikov wrote:It will be very good idea to add ability of grabbing stills in bypass all grades mode.

One workaround would be to create a new version, blow out the entire node tree (resetting it to empty), then grab that skill. Now go back to the original version, and you can compare the Bypassed grade mode as a still. I do use the Bypass Grade button on the Mini Panel frequently, and also use it on the Tangent Elements panel for cases where I'm using that, just to get an idea of what the Raw image looks like.

Thanks!
I do it almost as well the same way.

Return to DaVinci Resolve