R14b3 VST on Deliver page failure

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

James Spatz

R14b3 VST on Deliver page failure

PostFri May 26, 2017 8:42 pm

In R14b3, can anyone verify that they have been able to output any kind of sound from a track that has a VST and the output is not extremely choppy? Choppy output is my invariable result through dozens of changes in settings in Resolve or system. Removing the VST result in good output. Even just using the built in equalizer or dynamics processing adds static. I am on an Alienware 15 r3. Thanks

Paul Draper

Re: R14b3 VST on Deliver page failure

PostFri May 26, 2017 9:34 pm

In my experience there can be enormous differences in behaviour between VST builds /brands and DAW compliance /reliability. Some that work fine on one platform do not on another & may be blacklisted (especially by Steinberg for example, the parent of the VST architecture). Resolve seems pretty happy to scan and at least make available most VSTs (I use a custom VST folder for this), but what it can actually be used can be an entirely different matter. Waves for example simply crashes out; FabFilter works perfectly.

So, your question is likely better answered by knowing exactly which VST plugins. It may be a matter of swapping them out and using another vendor vs. blame with Resolve necessarily.
MacPro 7,1 16 core, 192GB, MacOS 14.4.1, Vega II Duo. Antelope Pure 2 & Orion 32+, UA Apollo x8. RAID-4 Thunderbay 6, RAID-0 Sonnet M.2 4x4. MiniMon 4k, Dell U3415W & BenQ SW2700PT. Nuendo, Wavelab, Resolve Studio 18.6.6.

James Spatz

PostFri May 26, 2017 10:03 pm

I have tried a number of different brands and types. Also, the same project worked fine on beta2. I would like to confirm if anybody is successfully exporting with VSTs on beta3.

James Spatz

PostFri May 26, 2017 11:11 pm

I Just tried FabFilter and I get the identical failure as I do with Acon, iZotope, LoudMax, etc.

Return to DaVinci Resolve