Resolve Feature Request Please

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Pete Lightowler

Resolve Feature Request Please

PostSat May 27, 2017 12:07 am

I would like to ask for a feature request please, actually two of them.
Firstly can we have the ability to resize the top layer of the UI when in color page? If there are more than 6 layers of video, you can not view all of them at once. If I can grab the line that is joining the top layer of the color page (under the preview window) and drag that up to minimise this area and increase the size of the video tracks segment, I would be able to view all video files on the timeline. I am using a full screen playback monitor so I can minimise the preview window quite small.

Secondly, the ability to resize the bins much smaller please. Currently I can only fit 2, maybe 3 bins on a separate screen. I would like to be able to resize the bins so I can fit 6 or 8 bins on a screen.

Cheers Pete.

18623524_10154830587198472_7667505617918729199_o.jpg
18623524_10154830587198472_7667505617918729199_o.jpg (384.84 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Davinci Resolve Master Trainer

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve Feature Request Please

PostMon May 29, 2017 2:54 am

Can you provide more detail about your bin request as it's not clear.
You can see dozens of bins in the media pool.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Pete Lightowler

Re: Resolve Feature Request Please

PostMon May 29, 2017 7:11 am

Hi Peter. What I am referring to is the ability to make each bin smaller, when I have the bins open on a separate screen. I like to have Resolve open on one screen and a blank monitor for the second screen. The second monitor, I then open bins from Resolve and drag them on to the second monitor. So screen one is Resolve, screen two is all of my Resolve bins, opened separately. This is the way I used to work in Avid as it means I can see each of my bins, opened on one screen. I find this very useful when searching for shots on the timeline as I don't have to keep opening bins to look for things. I could have a bunch of different bins open on the second monitor for quick access.
Currently with the sizing of Resolve's bins I can only get two bins open without them overlaying each other, where as in Avid, I could minimise them so much smaller so I could get 8 or 10 bins open on one screen, without them overlapping each one and I could just scroll through the bins from top to bottom.
I find this is a much quicker way to work on a large project, rather that having to keep opening and closing bins to see everything.

You can see in the picture below, the two screen setup with the bins open on the right side screen and how much room each bin takes up.
Cheers Pete.

Resolve Bins 1.JPG
Resolve Bins 1.JPG (597.59 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Davinci Resolve Master Trainer

Return to DaVinci Resolve