Audio problems

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Toon de Zoeten

Audio problems

PostFri Jun 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi,

Audio (see specs below) doesn't play smoothly (I've seen similar posts but no solutions yet). DVR 14 seems to cache the audio, then play it for a couple of seconds, then silent and caching again etc. After a while of editing it plays the audio for a few seconds more, but muting tracks or soloing seems to make caching start all over again. I've plowed through the manual, browsing fora etc trying to find a solution in settings etc, but to no avail so far. Fiddling around with sequence settings or using 1/4 resolution optimized media gives no improvement whatsoever.

Doing exactly the same thing in Adobe Premiere gives no problems at all, it plays very smoothly on both my iMac and my MacBook (see specs below). So I suppose the system specs are not the limiting factor. I'm still working with the DVR free version in order to decide whether to switch to it (and gladly pay for it). If I can't get this solved I fear I'll have to stop using DVR, which I truly regret for all it's nice features..

Can anyone help me to solve this and stay with DVR? Thanks, T.

This is the editing situation:

XAVC MPEG4 wrapped in MXF OP1A, 3840 x 2160, 25fps (with Slog3 LUT, no Color Corrections, no effects etc so far)
In total 14 audio tracks:
- video footage with 8 track audio (of which 4 empty)
- Extra 6 track sound file (embedded channels patched to separate tracks, 1 channel per track)
All audio is 48kHz 24 bit
In the sequence all track types are set to mono
* iMac 5K 27", Sierra , 32 GB
* MacBook Retina, 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, MD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

da Vinci Resolve 15.0.0b.037, Free Version
Still trying out to decide whether to buy

Return to DaVinci Resolve