PAL DV - DR Studio B3 & B4 Crashing - Memory Full

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dilson Abraham

PAL DV - DR Studio B3 & B4 Crashing - Memory Full

PostFri Jun 16, 2017 9:21 pm

I just started work on a DV project using old footage that was captured sometime in 2007.

As the content is interlaced and in AVI format, I wrapped the file to QT format and was able to import the files to start my work on DR 14 Studio B3.

I imported all my files and created a single timeline and laid the entire content on the timeline.

Then as i started working on the rough cut, I ended duplicating the timeline into smaller segments.

After over 17 timelines were created, when I wanted to duplicate it to do the last 2 segments. Resolve just closed abruptly. I backed up the project and also generated Diagnostic log after starting up the program again. Made several attempts to duplicate the timeline and DR would just close without any errors.

That is when i noticed the DR 14 Studio B4 was out. I upgraded to DR 14 Studio B4 and attempted the same and this time it did close but reported this "Your computer is running low on System Memory".

Each time I open up DR Studio now I have task Manager running and noticed that DR is taking up over 13GB of RAM out of the 16GB available.

I never had these issues working with over an hour long 4K UHD Projects.

Is this a bug?, problem with the file format that I am using or DR is simply unable to handle DV content? (which I doubt).

I have attached my Diagnostic logs. Any suggestions or fixes would be welcome.
Also feel free to ask if I need to share any more information to find a fix to the problem.
Attachments
DR Memory Usage.png
DR Memory Usage.png (584.08 KiB) Viewed 404 times
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20170617-001735.zip
(83.1 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 5950 16-Core 3.4Ghz | 64GB
Gigabyte X570 Ultra | Gigabyte RTX 3060 12GB |
Samsung 28"
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 Build 7 | BM Fusion Studio 18

Return to DaVinci Resolve