Can the GPU Processing Mode be changed externally?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Carlos Bisquertt

Can the GPU Processing Mode be changed externally?

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi guys,

Is there a way to change the GPU Processing Mode externally? I read that config.dat should have been my go-to-file but I didn't find any reference to this particular item inside it.

I have a Zotac GTX 550Ti that worked very well with HD material until version 12.5 (included). Now, I know that it doesn't comply with Resolve's current system requirements (it has a 2.1 CUDA computing capability), but I've been testing it with version 14 to see how far it could take me. So far, the only time the program has not crashed has been with beta4. But that was because the active GPU processing mode was OpenCL which I had activated previously while using beta3. I changed it to CUDA and now Resolve will crash every time after I try to open a project in the Project Manager.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

PS: I'm on a Windows 10 machine.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Can the GPU Processing Mode be changed externally?

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Launch Resolve and press the CTRL and , (comma) keys at the same time. That will open the Resolve Preferences window and allow you to change the GPU processing mode back to OpenCL. Save the prefs and restart Resolve.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Carlos Bisquertt

Re: Can the GPU Processing Mode be changed externally?

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Thank you Dwaine, Resolve is up and running :D

Return to DaVinci Resolve