How can I render out spots with cut-downs more efficiently?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ken Wald

How can I render out spots with cut-downs more efficiently?

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 4:18 am

I recently had a job that featured two :60 spots and also two :15 cut-downs from each of those. The cut-downs were mostly direct lifts except for one shot each that was new and not used in the :60.

Another recent job had four ~2:00 videos. Roughly 80% of the shots were common between the videos with the remaining 20% being shots unique to each video.

In both cases, the footage was going back to Premiere for finishing, and I wound up rendering common shots multiple times for the sake of the XMLs being created in the process.

Is it possible to avoid rendering common shots more than once while delivering an XML that will conform each spot/cut-down/video in their entirety in Premiere? Can Resolve identify duplicate shots, render them only once yet create XML file(s) that point to the single, rendered shot for multiple spots/videos?

Return to DaVinci Resolve