Very low FPS of media to be imported (e.g. 6 FPS)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Piotr Stecki

Very low FPS of media to be imported (e.g. 6 FPS)

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 4:43 pm

After spending some time playing and reading the manual for Resolve 12.5 I'm just starting editing my first project. The source files are coming from Android version of Filmic Pro. All the clips are recorded in 24 FPS, 50Mpbs, Full HD (all the other applications are showing 24 FPS - for example Power Director 14).
However Resolve is presenting strange values of FPS (e.g. 6.0000, 7.0000, 12.0000) when I'm checking the clips in the Media pane, before adding them to the project or timeline. FPS stays low when I add clip to project and timeline. Audio sounds OK. The duration of the clip is OK. Looks like Resolve is dropping some frames?
I checked also with stock camera application on my Android phone (OnePlus 3T). The result is the same.
In the series of ca. 40 clips I have only 3 with FPS 23.976 (as set in FilmicPro). No apparemt reasons why only some clips are OK. This is not only about the wrong FPS presented in Resolve in clip properties. Resolve is actually "seeing" only 6 FPS (or 7 or 8 or 12 or other small number depending on the file), the playback is very stuttery. When I go frame by frame I can confirm, that I only have 6 FPS (or other small number, depending on the file). The issue is not about playback performance of Resolve (I know already how to optimise it), is about Resolve recognizing only some frames in the source files, and dropping lot of frames in between.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to DaVinci Resolve