CinemaDNG + WAV from Magic Lantern, audio disappearing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Umberto Uderzo

CinemaDNG + WAV from Magic Lantern, audio disappearing

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 9:21 am

Hi all!

I'm facing a problem when importing Magic Lantern MLV converted to CinemaDNG sequence + WAV file.
I already read some threads about this issue but i'm experiencing something different, if possible.

When i'm in Media Manager looking for footage to import, i enter the footage folder (the one containing the DNG sequence + WAV file), and i see only one item representing the footage itself (which is correct).

Now, if BEFORE importing i double click the footage to preview it, Resolve plays it nicely with audio (so, i guess the file structure is ok).
When i drag the item into the media collection... boom! I no longer be able to play the media with audio, both from the media container and from the original folder. I need to import the WAV file separately, drop under the clip in the timeline and remove the original audio clip (which is present but contains no audio).

This is happening with both 12 and 14 release.

Any hints please?
Thanks!

Return to DaVinci Resolve