Can't see the audio wave forms at the timeline?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andrea Gil

Can't see the audio wave forms at the timeline?

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello all,
I'm having a weird issue while using Davinci Resolve 12.5.4.019 on Windows 10. I've been using Davinci Resolve 12.4.019 for a long time on other computers using Windows 7, but when I installed it in this one, the audio channels on the timeline do not show the waveforms, no matter how much I zoom them. Here is a pic ( those clips DO have sound, and loud). On other installations in other computers, all clips show the waveforms in the timeline ( just to be clear, I'm not talking about seeing it at the preview). I've tried reinstalling a few times, and even importing a project from the computer it works fine. It didn't work. Is there some config I skipped out or something? Thanks in advance.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Can't see the audio wave forms at the timeline?

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 am

You need to define the top storage item in your DaVinci Resolve preference to be storage that is always online, and then also make sure within the Project manager that the cache path is to that storage.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve