Multicam (easy) options request

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sam Steti

Multicam (easy) options request

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi there,

As an experienced multicam editor (or at least very used to ;) ), I'm chaining shows edits one after another these days...

Consequently, I noticed 2 things that could be really improved, one minor, one super cool :

1/it's a bit a pity we have to select ISOs (isolated angles) in the Media Pool only to synchronize tracks, selecting stacked ones on a TL would be a lot more flexible.
Why ? At least for those who use Plural Eyes generated XMLs, which result in stacked tracks already synced in Resolve, btw the same way you find them when you "decompose" a multicam file or "Open in TL".
I think it's highly doable, and it would be a "sync as you are on the TL"

2/ More important and specific : easy fine resync.
Say your multicam file's done and open in the viewer... For some reasons, you see - right in the viewer, aside other angles - that one is a bit unsynced : so far I'm not aware of any other way to open it in a TL > drag the unsynced track or use "." or ";" to slide it left or right > close it to find your multicam again...
I knew such an easier way to do it that I had to suggest it here : middle click on the unsynced angle right in the viewer and slowly slide left or right. Super precise, super fast.
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Sam Steti

Re: Multicam (easy) options request

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 7:53 am

Ah, by the way, while we're at it, one line is not correct in page 401 of DVR 14 manual.

I found it when I was looking for a quick way to resync a track as you may read in my post above : when you open a Multicam file on a TL, you must double-click the first folder name (and not the file name if I remember well) to close it and find again your multicam file.

So what's written here on the attached pic is to be corrected ;)

End of my 2 cts on multicam part of Resolve.
Btw I'm on a mac but not sure it's important here.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Actually you should DOUBLE-CLICK, and on Music Videos, not Multicam in this exemple
Capture.JPG (22.22 KiB) Viewed 854 times
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Steve Alexander

Re: Multicam (easy) options request

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 11:46 am

The way I read it the manual tells you to click on Music Video in that example.
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 | Fusion Studio 19.0b1 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve