Lost Project??

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Matheus Costa

Lost Project??

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 5:11 pm

If someone from the devs can help me out..

I was just FINISHING one project when the computer (mac pro) just freezes. It wakes up in login screen after a minute and then, when I open Resolve 14 Studio I suddenly realize that the project is missing.

I found the "project.db" on Resolve database folder but It won't show up in the project list not matter what I do. I've copied and pasted it on another projects folder, but it doesn't matter. It won't show up.

I'm pretty sure that the project is on the file, but maybe it was corrupted. Don't know.
There is another folder, another method that I can use to recover my project?
BMD offer support for this kind of thing?

It is a little depressing to know that It doesn't really cares at all for their customers. This kind of thing shouldn't happen.

So, anyway, I appreciate any help.

Marc Wielage

Re: Lost Project??

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 1:31 am

Well, #1 this is a Beta release, and I wouldn't trust it for serious billable work just yet. Fine for experimenting and testing.

#2, an important principle of using any computer software -- word processing, graphics, VFX, audio, editing, color, whatever -- is to backup whenever you can. If I'm doing a client supervised session, I backup twice a day: once when we break for lunch, and then again at the very end of the day.

Good or bad, this is the reality of what you have to do. We've all been through it with all kinds of software over the years. Learn from this experience and move forward from here.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

PeterMoretti

Re: Lost Project??

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 5:07 am

The project files are XML files, they shouldn't be stored in some type of a .db file, AFIK.

Look for the folder called Resolve Project. What's inside that should be your projects.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Return to DaVinci Resolve