Reload an image sequence

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ignacio de La Cierva

Reload an image sequence

PostSat Jul 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi!

I have a Resolve 12.5 timeline crowded of image sequences I rendered with Fusion.

Now refining the edit to sync with music, I need some of the sequences to be a bit longer (or shorter).

I've rendered again those sequences with new durations, but now I can't find a way to make Resolve accept the new duration and let me extend their trimming in the timeline.

For instance, a sequence that was 125 frames long now is 155, but Resolve keeps reading the 125, even after relinking.

So it seems I need to import the sequence again, manually change and resync in the timeline, then delete the old reference in the Media page. Oh no...

Anyone knows a faster workaround? I suspect I'm missing something.

Ignacio de La Cierva

Re: Reload an image sequence

PostSat Jul 01, 2017 7:11 pm

I've found the trick.

- Delete the clip in the media without deleting in the timeline. Of course in the timeline it gets red "off-line".
- Re-import the sequence (with new duration). Resolve reassigns the new media clip to the instance in the timeline, that now has a red icon with an exclamation.

Sorry for my newbye questions. Sometimes come to the forum after a first unsuccessful round, and then find a solution later.

Perfect for me if a moderator deletes this dumb thread.

Nice weekend for everyone.

Kays Alatrakchi

PostSat Jul 01, 2017 8:04 pm

You could also import the new sequence in your footage bin as a completely different clip, make sure the new clip is actively selected in your bin, then in your timeline right click on the clip that you want to replace, and choose Replace with selected clip. You shouldn't need to re-sync anything, but you should be able to peel back your handles as you need.
>>Kays Alatrakchi
www.mbkproductions.com
Wearing way more f@%ing hats than I should.

SteveWoo

PostSun Jul 02, 2017 3:58 am

But I would suggest that as a new feature for 14. I think adobe products can do it and it's pretty handy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael Tiemann

PostThu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 pm

I vote for a "reload image from disk" or some such.
MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 (16G29)
Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
2x3.06 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon
96GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeGorce GTX TITAN 6143 MB

Julian van Mil

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 3:18 am

Yes! I'm always updating comped shots from rendered from nuke. Constantly having to quit and reopen resolve just to refresh shots. A simple "Right Click > Reload" on the media, edit and timeline would be welcome!
Studio Feather
www.studiofeather.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve