render individual clips overwrites clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dudley Warner

render individual clips overwrites clips

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 5:09 pm

I am having a problem being able to render individual clips from a project in DaVinci Resolve 14 beta 5 (14.0.ob.043). My operating system is macOS Sierra 10.12.5. The process proceeds as if it is working, but when I play back the rendered file, only one of the clips has been rendered. Rendering the entire project works. Although I can use a workaround like cutting the timeline into clips using QuickTime after it has been rendered, the project I am working on will produce a number of clips that have to be provided individually.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this problem.

Thanks -

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: DaVinci 14 beta 5

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Make sure your Deliver page settings are such that you get unique clip names when rendering in Individual Clips mode. I suspect you have a scenario where the rendered clip names are not unique, and what you see at the end is the last clip rendered.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

johnbrainerd

Re: render individual clips overwrites clips

PostTue Oct 25, 2022 1:48 pm

I just ran into this problem for the first time with DR Studio 18.0.3 Build 5. A day ago I rendered a timeline with 10 clips, selected individual clips and it worked perfectly, rendering 10 clips to my folder with sequentially numbered file names.

Now when I try the same thing with another timeline, it only renders the last clip; or perhaps more accurately, each clip may be overwriting the last one, so I'm left with only the last clip rendered to the hard drive.

So it seems the function to sequentially number the filenames is broken, or that is a setting that I have inadvertently turned off and can't find it to turn it back on.

Any help?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: render individual clips overwrites clips

PostFri Oct 28, 2022 5:07 am

On the Deliver page, on the File tab, select "Use unique filenames".
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve