Auto Match Master Timeline with Clips in the Mediapool

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Steve Swisz

Auto Match Master Timeline with Clips in the Mediapool

PostThu Jul 13, 2017 10:59 pm

We received a Resolve project where ONSET did not enable Match Master Timeline at the start of the project and now that option is unavailable.
I have tried to Copy Remote Grades and Apply them to my edited re-linked Sequence so I can steal the color.

But this is not working for us, I have to copy and paste each node one at a time then jump into the Edited Final Timeline create a new NODE a paste the changed attributes to NODE manually.

Hopefully someone else has found a work around for this?

Resolve AutoMatchMasterTimeline.png
Resolve AutoMatchMasterTimeline.png (151.28 KiB) Viewed 1029 times

Marc Wielage

Re: Auto Match Master Timeline with Clips in the Mediapool

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 1:18 am

What if you turned on Dynamic Project Switching, created a new project from scratch, turned on Match Master Timeline in the new one, manually set all the correct parameters, and then cut and pasted all the timelines from the original session? It seems to me that that could work.

I personally never use this feature but I know there are people who do. One way I get around it is to use the Lightbox, and then if I have multiple identical shots, I just see them in the window and drop the correction in manually. You get fast at it over time.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Steve Swisz

Re: Auto Match Master Timeline with Clips in the Mediapool

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Bro, Marc did you just pull that idea out of your #$%....... Well it worked and it worked perfectly!

I have about 40 LTFS LTOs and looks like about 50 to 60 TB of raw camera, Since ON-SET used Resovle we thought we could pull and process this in house for finishing.

So a note to everyone out there, if you are going to share a project or push from ON-SET to someone else make sure you enable Auto Match, in settings, Color tab!

Original Slow workflow:
I went into each SHOOT DAY and in the color work space, highlight the entire timeline then copy grades to remote, then import my EDL/AAF and back to color work space highlight all clips and tell the timeline to use REMOTE Grades.

Thanks Marc!

Return to DaVinci Resolve