Beta 5, delivered clip has missing and corrupt audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Nicos Gollan

Beta 5, delivered clip has missing and corrupt audio

PostSat Jul 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Version 14.0.0b.043; running on Win10, AMD FX-6300, 16GB RAM, single Radeon RX480.

I've been trying to process variable frame rate clips recorded with XSplit since the first beta version (12 would not handle them at all since VFR has "creative" results there). With beta 5, I can finally get them all the way through rendering, but audio breaks.

See this example:

Project export: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr5fpl57jluov ... A.drp?dl=0
(I'm using the Fairlight compressor, but the corruption is independent of that.)

About 10 seconds in, the left channel cuts out completely, and the right channel has quite severe corruption (it affects the left channel too, but it only crackles once or twice before cutting out). Looking at the generated PCM audio, there's frequent but apparently not periodic occurrences of "zero" sample sequences.

Audio plays mostly fine in all parts of Resolve including Fairlight (just very occasional "clicks" nowhere near as bad as in the video), it's just the rendered result that has the issue in force.

Return to DaVinci Resolve