Resolve 14b5 audio meters not showing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

George Deierling

Resolve 14b5 audio meters not showing

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 12:57 am

Click on the timeline on the audio meter icon, but the meters don't show. I am stuck with the tiny thumbnail meters.

rick.lang

Re: Resolve 14b5 audio meters not showing

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 12:51 pm

You can click on the Mixer in the upper right and audio meters will appear to the right of the timeline. I also don't have the Timeline Audio Track Curves Control on the left of the timeline. Haven't found a way to get that back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

John Paines

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 pm

If you mean the icon in the timeline audio track header which opens up the black area beneath the track in 12, it hasn't been there since the first 14 beta. You can drag plugins into the audio track header directly instead, to apply to the entire track, if that's what you're after. And clicking in the header area will open up the Inspector to reveal track-wide plugins.

My guess is, the function has been replaced by Fairlight, but the work there is still evidently ongoing.

George Deierling

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Oh OK, I got the audio mixer with meters. I was expecting that just the meters would open up when I click on the thumbnails meter icon. That would be nice.

Return to DaVinci Resolve