Conform clip in Resolve beta 5

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Graham Cristie

Conform clip in Resolve beta 5

PostFri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi,

I'm just working on a project in Resolve Studio beta 5 and have used Premiere to warp stabilise a couple of clips Resolves stabiliser couldn't quite handle (though I have to say, Resolves new stabiliser is great and the best new feature for me - I can now finish in Resolve without a round trip to Premiere solely to stabilise)

So I've stabilised and rendered out clips from Premiere and aimed to replace them in the time line using Conform lock with media pool clip. One clip works ok, the other still showed the unstabilised version after swapping the clips. I conformed back to original clip and it plays the new stabilised clip! Using Find in Media pool identifies the clip as the original unprocessed version, and playing that in the media page confirms that (and shows the correct path...)

Just wondering if this is a user error hiccup or a bug? My timeline works fine for now, just wondering if later when the project needs to be consolidated things might get screwed up.

Return to DaVinci Resolve