Issue with audio wav files from fcpx to Davinci Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rubzirubz

Issue with audio wav files from fcpx to Davinci Resolve

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi There !

I don't speak really good english so please apologize the style and the mistakes.

I'm having an issue with WAV files in Davinci Resolve 10 Lite (I use this version because all my system is quiet old and I didn't upgrade since I'm working on a long feature movie (editing on fcpx, don't want to upgrade fearing some lost in translation work, however I think this is not the cause of the problem.)

My issue occures when trying to get an editing work from FCPX to Davinci via an fcpxml file.
When I try to import my fcpxml file in Davinci it links perfectly with my source files, except audio files .wav

They are shown but with no wave form graphics and they just don't work.
Sounds from the camera works.

When I import my fcpxml file it says : "X/Y files were not found" it proposes me to search for them choosing a folder where my source files are, I say no (because my video source files and audio source files are in the same big folder which is in a external volume, and it works with the video).

Then it shows me the list of the not connected files, only and all my wav files.
for each file not found it says : " ---.wav does not exist or has the wrong timecode extents"

then in the timeline the wav appears in the good place I guess but don't have the sound shape neither the volume and don't work.

My first guess was because of a strange thing final cut pro X does : as I don't copy my source files in my final cut events folder, it creates an alias for each file. The strange thing is that most of my wav source files have the .WAV extension, and the alias all have .wav
The links work perfectly working with FCPX though. But maybe in the writing of the xml file, this difference might cause the lost of the directory path ?
I tried to rename the source files with .wav but it seems to change nothing.

I'm running on fcpx 10.0.9 and Davinci Resolve 10 Lite

My folder organisation is :
An external volume with in it :
- a source files folder with two subfolders : Image and Sound
- a final cut events folder (in each events the original media folder contains alias of the source files, made by final cut when importing media in my event)
- a final cut projects folder

Has anyone an idea ?
I can't find any information about that, I saw that there might be some problem with wav files but not exactly this problem.

Thank you for your help !
Ruben

Return to DaVinci Resolve