Reframe/crop image in Davinci

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Richard Black

Reframe/crop image in Davinci

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi,

I would like to keep same format but want to go in tighter in a couple of the clips I have in the video I am editing. Crop it tighter or reframe/resize it - not sure of the correct term. (i.e. not change any formats, quality or anything, except for what is lost naturally when you go in a bit tighter)
Is that possible and what do I do?
Apologies if this has posted somewhere.

Richard
Richard Black

Thomas Milde

Re: Reframe/crop image in Davinci

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 4:42 am

Hi,

If you are on the "Edit" page, click on the clip in the timeline you want to work on so it gets a red frame, then go to the inspector. If it is not open, look in the top row for the inspector icon and open its window. There you can zoom, rotate and push around your picture.

On the "Color" page there is also a window in the lower part, where you can refame your clip in different ways.

You should read the manual, it is written very well for beginners.

MarcusWolschon

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 5:16 am

just be careful that any animations you do to that cropping affect all other parts of that clip in the same timeline track as well. So to do this with serveral parts of a long clip, copies dragged one track above the main timeline may be the way to go to animate their cropping parameters separately.

Dave Shortman

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 am

This is such a basic thing to do I suggest you watch some of these videos... https://www.youtube.com/user/goatseyeviewUK/videos

Richard Black

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks guys. Good advice.
Appreciate the help to this Davinvi newbie.
Richard Black

Return to DaVinci Resolve