Video track appear to be empty after update

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Daniel Melching

Video track appear to be empty after update

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 9:23 am

Today I updated from Resolve V14.0.0b.037 to V14.0.0b.043 (windows).

Since the update, when I open projects created in the former version, they play just like before but all my video tracks appear to be empty.

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9diU ... DZEeTg4TE0

As you can see in the screenshot (out of respect for the client I hid the project information), there is still something left, but there is no way to edit it anymore. They are not completely gone though, since playback still works just fine.

All the transitions I added are still in place as well (as far, as i can tell) and sometimes when I scroll up or down through the video tracks, some clip thumbnails (or whatever you call what is displayed on the tracks) Pop up, just do disappear again once I continue to scroll. That doesn't happen to all of them though.

I have a feeling something went badly wrong here and hope that there is any hope for recovering it.

Help is very much appreciated!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Video track appear to be empty after update

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 11:15 pm

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve