Crash with GT710 card

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael Fink

Crash with GT710 card

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 4:26 am

I have a very old Core2 Q6700 6GB Win7 (DP35DP motherboard) system in which I just installed a "new" GeForce GT710. The Nvidia drivers are brand new from just 3 weeks ago. The 710 is not in the list of unsupported CUDA cards.

Just dragging my first video clip into the media pool causes Resolve 12.5 (and 14) to crash. It crashes almost every time. Only once did Resolve last long enough for me to preview a few video files before crashing.

The log's last words were:
[0x00000824] | GPUManager | ERROR | 2017-07-18 20:33:27,366 | Exception caught while running GPU algorithms: unknown error.

zip file of CaptureLogs.bat is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Iv_ ... nVJdjJFdFk
There is no project - it crashes on the very first thing I do.

I have submitted a ticket against Nvidia, too.

I hope you can help me. Let me know if you need more information.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Crash with GT710 card

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 pm

As a test, in Resolve Preferences - Video I/O and GPU, set the GPU processing mode to OpenCL, save the prefs and restart Resolve.

If that still crashes, post another log.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Michael Fink

Re: Crash with GT710 card

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 3:16 am

Great! It no longer crashes if I use OpenCL. Thanks!

But now I have another problem - All of my clips stutter, dropping audio and video frames when simply previewing them - no effects or timeline or grading or anything. Even if I optimize the video first.

Over 90% of the 6GB RAM is used when Resolve is running. Don't know how to tell RAM usage on the 2GB video card.

I suspect my machine might just be too old to handle these. However, all sorts of other programs can play these clips just fine.

Videos are H.264 .MOV files direct from my Canon 70D. Stuttering happens on both Resolve 12.5 and 14 beta 5. Appreciate any insight or suggestions.

Return to DaVinci Resolve