Audio automations lost on export after 12.5 upgrade

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ray Argall

Audio automations lost on export after 12.5 upgrade

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 8:13 am

Hello BM and users,

I just found that an xml export had failed to record any of the audio automations, whereas an xml exported from the same project a few weeks ago was fine. The only change has been an update to 12.5.5.026 so appears to be a glitch in the matrix somewhere? Possibly already addressed in 12.5.6?

To double check it wasn't operator error I exported a drp project file from current version of Resolve>opened that project file in another computer using previous version of Resolve>exported xml from there>opened the xml in current computer and voila - all the audio automations were there... (this is opening the xml in FCP 7)

Anyone else found this issue? Anything I might've overlooked?

And commendations on all the upgrades, you're obviously very busy improving the software all the time - it's getting hard to keep up!

Thanks,

Ray
2019 Mac Pro, 3.3ghz 12 core, 96GB Ram, Radeon Pro 580X + RX Vega64 8GB HBM2, Catalina

Ray Argall

Re: Audio automations lost on export after 12.5 upgrade

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 7:15 am

Further update... well perhaps automoations not completely lost...

After duplicating the timeline and simplifying/reducing the picture tracks the automations did transfer okay, so must be something that causes an overload in the system. All this will change as we changeover to Resolve 14 and start using the Fairlight page for audio... we'll still need to resolve the workflow for transferring xml/aaf to sound post teams on Pro Tools, but hopefully the post workflow path will be easier.
2019 Mac Pro, 3.3ghz 12 core, 96GB Ram, Radeon Pro 580X + RX Vega64 8GB HBM2, Catalina

Return to DaVinci Resolve