Change Clip Speed, no sound, timeline doesn't shrink

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Juan Wynn

Change Clip Speed, no sound, timeline doesn't shrink

PostSat Jul 29, 2017 12:14 pm

New to Resolve. Trying out "Change clip speed". When I change (increase) the speed, the video speeds up, but I get no audio and the size of the clip in the timeline doesn't change. It adds back in the rear section of the clip that I had previously cut out. Only once on one clip was I able to change the speed, get audio and the clip size adjusted correctly on the timeline. I had to set it at 400%. Another number I tried (100%, 300%, 600%) all resulted in no audio and it added back in the tail end of the clip that was previously cut out. I tried it multiple times and got the same result. BUT, when I tried it on a second clip, I was unsuccessful even if i used 400%. I must be doing something wrong. Do you know what?

Juan Wynn

Re: Change Clip Speed, no sound, timeline doesn't shrink

PostWed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 am

Nevermind. I posted this question several days ago and moderator just now approved my post. I figured it out myself. You have to check the Ripple Sequence box. Otherwise, the results are unpredictable

Andrew Ols

PostSun Nov 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Just wanted to thank you for following up on this with your fix! Never would have guessed to select "Ripple Sequence." Solved my problem!

justANoobie

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 3:03 pm

And mine just now! Thank you!

Return to DaVinci Resolve