Markers in smartbins

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Justin Stephenson

Markers in smartbins

PostTue Aug 08, 2017 7:26 pm

It would be nice to be able to create smartbins based on markers (a Metadata - Markers section): colour, name, details(comments).

In addition, it would be nice to be able to sort a bin by markers details as opposed to clips, a "marker view".

In cutting a show with a lot of materials, markers are how I figure out what I have and where it is. I keep my bins as camera rolls and use smartbins, markers, and flags to find stuff.
Justin Stephenson
Moving Image Designer
http://justinstephenson.com
---------
18.6.4 Studio, W11 Pro, 13700K, Z690 ASUS ProArt, lots of M.2, NAS w 10Gbe mass storage, 128GB RAM, RTX4090, UltraStudio Monitor 3G -> FSI DM240. Micro Panel, Speed Editor.

Justin Stephenson

Re: Markers in smartbins

PostTue Aug 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Well, never mind the smartbin comment, I found this: Mediapool Properties>Markernotes and Markername, though no marker colour.

One thing that would be useful would be the ability to copy properties from a clip in the bin and paste it to multiple clips. IE copy the clip comments (which the marker notes use in the binview) and pasted it to a bunch of clips or markers.
Justin Stephenson
Moving Image Designer
---------
18.6.4 Studio, W11 Pro, 13700K, Z690 ASUS ProArt, lots of M.2, NAS w 10Gbe mass storage, 128GB RAM, RTX4090, UltraStudio Monitor 3G -> FSI DM240. Micro Panel, Speed Editor.

Michael Parfit

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 4:05 am

The various search functions that have marker names and marker descriptions as potential search parameters seem to be broken in Beta 6. My main effort to make them work was with the smart bins, as you have referred to them above.

I think I had them working in an earlier Beta version, but I can't remember whether I had them working myself or saw them working in a demo. But now searches return nothing even though I know the named markers or comments are there. Please fix!

6-core late 2013 Mac Pro, D700s, 32 gb, Thunderbolt Raid

Justin Stephenson

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 4:44 am

Hmm. I'm on b6 in widows and everything is working as it should. I spent the day sorting by marker notes and names. Could this be an issue in the Mac version and not the windows version?
Justin Stephenson
Moving Image Designer
---------

Return to DaVinci Resolve