OpenFX freezes Resolve

• Author

Dan Past

OpenFX freezes Resolve

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello,

I have the Beta version of Resolve and am currently running Beta 6. When I click OpenFX on the Color panel, it will freeze Resolve until I have to Task Manager (I am running Windows 7 64 Bit) and close the program. Does anyone know a fix to this issue? Thanks!

Uli Plank

Re: OpenFX freezes Resolve

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 11:16 pm

Yes. Get a newer version of Windows. W7 is not supported any more.

Fabio Bovenzi

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 11:43 am

Hi Guys,i have the same problem in OSX Sierra Resolve14b6. Did you try the beta 7?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Nathan Allworth

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm

The first time you load new OpenFX plugins (Red Giant Universe) will "freeze" for about 15-20 minutes. It's weird!

Jean Claude

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Windows 10 PRO X64 | DaVinci Resolve Studio 14.B6

Suhaib Siddiqi

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 2:06 am

Nathan Allworth wrote:The first time you load new OpenFX plugins (Red Giant Universe) will "freeze" for about 15-20 minutes. It's weird!

That is RedGiant Universe fault. Google search is full of Red Giant crashing Resolve starting from version 10 till now. I had the same problem. It freezes and then after 10-15 minutes it quits.

Having said that, go to c:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX and move RedGiant Universe folder out to your Desktop. Start Resolve, then Enable OFXPlugins from Color Panel.

Quit Resolve then move 3-4 subfolders from RedGiant Universe on your Desktop to c:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\RedGiant Universe,

Start Resolve again and let it build OFXPluginCache.xml in the %programdata%, then Exit Resolve again. Keep repeating the process of moving 3-4 subfolder from RedGiant Universe to c:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\RedGiant Universe at a time and Restarting Resolve, going to Color panel and click on OFXPlugins tab. Then Exit Resolve. Keep repeating the process till you have moved all the subfolders from RedGiant Universe folder on your desktop to c:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\RedGiant Universe and have rebuilt the OFXPluginsCache.xml. Now Resolve should start without a hang or crash.

Return to DaVinci Resolve 14 Beta Feedback