ARRIRAW 4:3 Anamorphic in 9.0b3 on Macbook Pro Retina.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Henrik Cednert

ARRIRAW 4:3 Anamorphic in 9.0b3 on Macbook Pro Retina.

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi guys

So i'm new to resolve and I'm investigating a few different workflows here. Yeah I know, not the best idea to do in beta software but it's a long story... :lol:

1. The clips are ARRIRAW filmed to codex. 2880x2160-12b and flagged as square PAR in Media Pool. My thought here was to NOT change PAR on the clips but let the timeline set that. And the to me the most logical would be to set it up like:

Project Settings
* Timeline resolution to custom 2880x2160 and PAR to Cinemascope (why not a dropdown with more options?)
* Image Scaling change mismatched resolution files to scale entire image to fit or stretch frame to all corners

This does not work though. For sure I can se in the workarea changing but the clips does not scale to fill it. Non of the scale settings there seems to do what they should to be honest. :roll:

2. When playing back these clips on my retina MacBook pro i get 10-11 fps. It reads at about 112 MB/sec from the drive. When testing performace of drive it's good for 450MB/sec and it only fills the RAM to 50%. What does set the limit on playback here? For sure it should be able to play it back faster? or?

Cheers and thanks, first day I touched resolve today to be gentle. :roll:
Henrik Cednert | cto | cbb | Filmlance International | www.filmlance.se

Return to DaVinci Resolve