Delete Postgres?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Paines

Delete Postgres?

PostMon Aug 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Just to confirm, assuming only disk-based databases are in use or will ever be in use, can all Postgres related software and installations be deleted, so that the processes are no longer running and the program isn't constantly phoning home?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Delete Postgres?

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 1:08 am

Should be OK, if you are sure Resolve is the only app potentially using PostgreSQL, and you are sure your system will never be accessing a shared Resolve PostgreSQL database server.

Resolve has not installed PostgreSQL by default starting with version 12. Were you using Resolve 11 on the system, or did you intentionally have a Resolve 12 installer install PostgreSQL?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

John Paines

Re: Delete Postgres?

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 2:06 am

I believe I started with v10, so that's probably why. I used Windows uninstall for postgres.exe and then manually deleted the postgres folder left over in the c:\users folder and another in c:\program files. There could be more, but there are no postgres processes, and Resolve is running normally. So far, so good, and thanks.

Return to DaVinci Resolve