Corrupted files and DaVinci behaviour / Future request?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Lucius Snow

Corrupted files and DaVinci behaviour / Future request?

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 10:38 am

Hello all,

I rarely receive some corrupted video files that I need to import in DaVinci. My customers won't send me any MD5 checksum despite my requests.

Here is the issue: these files get opened (because their file header is OK) but some frames inside are corrupted. Then, DaVinci displays during these frames "Media offline" in red. So it's absolutely not possible to be warned about that bug except by watching with a perfect attention the whole media.

Many video encoders simply display a warning message when that corrupted frame comes, or just stops the encoding process with an error. Does it exist now with DaVinci? Or is it possible to add this as a feature in the next release?

That's very important because we take a risk to deliver some corrupted content. And we don't necessary have the time to make a human visual check.

Thank you.

Return to DaVinci Resolve