:?: DaVinci Resolve Studio 12.5 Project not saved bug.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Elmar Weinhold

:?: DaVinci Resolve Studio 12.5 Project not saved bug.

PostWed Aug 16, 2017 11:20 am

Hi,
i currently noticed that Resolve Studio 12.5 doesn't correctly save Disk Database Projects on Windows Shares.

I create a new Disk Database for every project i work on. Usually i place them on the Desktop of my Windows Workstation and copy them after a days work on the Windows 2k8 Project Server via Windows Network share.

I tried with an test Project to place the Disk Database directly on the mounted network share (p:\project\testproject).
I can create an Diskdatabase without any problems.
I can import media, do gradings, hit save.
everything seems to be fine - but it looks like the files aren´t saved correctly.
e.g.:
If i change the grading;
hit save;
exit resolve;
no error messages of any kind.
wait;
restart resolve and reload the project, my grading is gone - not saved at all. :shock:
If i do changes, and then duplicate the altered timeline, hit save, exit and reload the project - the "old" timeline forgot the changes but the new timeline with the altered grading is present.

it seems like resolve can create new files but not save updates to existing files.
i never get any error messages or any notification at all the something might be a problem.... :evil:

i don´t get any errors by copying and overwriting the projects i save on my desktop and copy them later to the server.
I can open, change and save, any other files - like psd with photoshop on the server from the same workstation. so it is not an network share right problem.

i understand if this bug will not be fixed anymore in the 12.5 version but i want to make sure that it is not present in the Resolve 14 Studio Version. As i don´t install betas on my workstation i ... work on.
Maybe someone else might test this behaviour with the Resolve Studio 14 beta on windows 10 with an windows share...
best regards,
Elmar.Weinhold

Return to DaVinci Resolve