Selected node when changing clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jean Paul Sneider

Selected node when changing clip

PostSat Aug 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi,

In the latest release of Resolve 14. Where to I set the behaviour? I liked that switching from a clip to another it stayed on the node with the same number.

Many thanks

Marc Wielage

Re: Selected node when changing clip

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 1:30 am

Under the Node menu, choose "Previous Node" or "Next Node."

You can assign any keyboard command you want to these commands with the Keyboard Mapping controls. The default is Option-shift-; for Previous Node and Option-shift-' for next. I changed this to Control-P and Control-N on my system, but this is under Mac OSX -- in WIndows, you'd want to go with something else.

Hardware panels generally have dedicated buttons for Previous Node/Next Node, and that's a much faster way to work.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 4:22 am

I think you are referring to the auto node selection at clip change. Top right of node graph, three dot options.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

PeterMoretti

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 4:29 am

It would be nice to be able to renumber nodes. :) Because the Previous and Next Node commands go to the next lower or higher numbered node, so if you've added nodes in the middle of the node flow, the node numbering is no longer sequential.
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Jean Paul Sneider

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:I think you are referring to the auto node selection at clip change. Top right of node graph, three dot options.

Exactly that! thank you

Return to DaVinci Resolve