n00b workspace layout questions

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

George Lockwood

n00b workspace layout questions

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 4:40 am

for now my question is regarding the resolve editorial space.

for years now i've used a four monitor setup for editing (with a fifth used for grading when editing is completed). i'm used to putting my 'canvas,' as final cut might call it, up on the wall on a large monitor and sitting in something of a 'wrap-around' desk setup of three monitors. of those three, i use the left for source previewing, audio mixer, things like that. the middle is where i put my timeline and the right is for file browsing and notes. does the resolve ui allow me to replicate this kind of layout?

thanks,
BabaG1

Hector Berrebi

Re: n00b workspace layout questions

PostTue Aug 22, 2017 5:50 am

George Lockwood wrote:for now my question is regarding the resolve editorial space.

for years now i've used a four monitor setup for editing (with a fifth used for grading when editing is completed). i'm used to putting my 'canvas,' as final cut might call it, up on the wall on a large monitor and sitting in something of a 'wrap-around' desk setup of three monitors. of those three, i use the left for source previewing, audio mixer, things like that. the middle is where i put my timeline and the right is for file browsing and notes. does the resolve ui allow me to replicate this kind of layout?

thanks,
BabaG1

Hi George

Since you can't split source/'canvas' in Resolve the short answer is no.

However. with a fairly simple video out card from BMD, you can hang a 50" TV on your wall and have it show your selected screen (source, program or color). And in dual display mode you have a full screen timeline.

not perfect but not far too :)

hector
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Return to DaVinci Resolve