Fusion Connect issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jonathanmurphy

Fusion Connect issues

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 2:56 am

I am a long time resolve user but new to fusion and am trying to wrap my head around how it works. If i have multiple fusion connect clips in one resolve timeline and try to open different clips at the same time in fusion it wont let me. When I try and open a second connect fusion clip with one already open, it gives me this: "Warning Unknown Tool Found". Can I only have one fusion connect comp open at a time in fusion? Sucks if that is the case.
Jonathan Murphy

Colorist and DP located in Midwest USA
Jonathanmurphy.co
twitter.com/jonathanmurphy

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Fusion Connect issues

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 11:38 am

As you can only work on one composition at a time in Fusion, what's the workflow you are expecting with multiple Fusion Connect clips at the same time?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jonathan Murphy

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:As you can only work on one composition at a time in Fusion, what's the workflow you are expecting with multiple Fusion Connect clips at the same time?

Copy and paste functionality from one comp to another, the ability to quickly work by bouncing back and forth from. Different comps.. and just not having to shut down my current comp and fusion to create a new one. I come from after effects and premiere direct connect and it's essential to be able to open multiple comps at once if you are working on a big job. I asked the same question in the fusion board and other people are experiencing this problem.

Steve Alexander

PostWed Aug 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Actually - you can open many compositions at once in Fusion - I guess the problem is that you can only open once Fusion Connect instance at a time from Resolve to Fusion - Is that correct?
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 | Fusion Studio 19.0b1 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

Glenn Sakatch

PostWed Aug 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Hmmm... i just finished a bunch of green screen clips in resolve, by sending them to Fusion. I would routinely have 5, 6, or 7 open at once in Fusion. As there were a few similar setups, it made more sense to copy and paste each persons settings. Unfortunately, the way the Resolve to Fusion plug in works, finding each individual shot inside the folder structure was too time consuming. (around 40 shots total) so it was easier to launch Resolve, go to shot 1, click on open in fusion, wait for it to open, click on shot 2, click on open in fusion, etc. I had no issues opening multiple comps in fusion, from Resolve.

Running windows 7, Resolve 12.5 and Fusion 8

Return to DaVinci Resolve